PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the Day 1/16/08 Merkeley Designs

amandathor
01-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Let's get to know Merkee of Merkeley Designs! Please check out her store and gallery and leave her some love!

Store link: http://www.merkeleydesigns.com/store/
OScraps Store: http://www.oscraps.com/shop/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=41
Gallery: http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=65

Merkee, here are some questions for you to answer to help us learn more about you!

1. Aside from scrapbooking, what creative outlets do you have?
2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
3. What is your least favorite household chore?
4. Share your "designer story". How did you get started?
5. Who is YOUR favorite designer right now?

If you have any questions for Merkee, please post them and let's get to know her better!

ljcrochet
01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
What is your favorite thing to design?

Merkeley Designs
01-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Wow, what a great surprise. I'm honored. :)

In appreciation for being honored today, I'd like to give everyone a coupon code for 33% off my products. Coupon will expire tomorrow at Midnight.
Code: QueenMerkee2Day

Now on to the questions:
1. Aside from scrap booking, what creative outlets do you have?
I love to do paper crafts, macramé, beadwork and occasionally crochet. I also love to color and do doodle arts. :)
2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
Definitely comfy jeans and a t-shirt
3. What is your least favorite household chore?
vacuuming
4. Share your "designer story". How did you get started?
I went from designing computer stationery, to creating email signature tags to scrap booking. I discovered Digital Scrap booking early in 2005. I joined a Yahoo group for making digital kits. I then started actively designing in August of 2005. It was just a natural progression that followed my love of my computer and working with graphics.
5. Who is YOUR favorite designer right now?
Genevieve Sass at OScraps. She is one multi-talented lady and blows me away with her drawings.

Lisa Joy, my most favorite thing to design would be elements. Right now, elements from cardboard. My favorite thing changes often. lol

Thank you Amanda!
~Merkee

scrappychic
01-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Yay! Congrats!

StarryNight
01-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Congrats on QOD=) OK here's a question for you. What would you consider your design style to be?

Ari

Merkeley Designs
01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Congrats on QOD=) OK here's a question for you. What would you consider your design style to be?

AriThank you :) ...my design style is eclectic. I love to try it all and I don't really have a certain style. I do tend to use flowers and I'm getting into more and more grungy and shabby.

heartscrappin
01-16-2008, 09:52 AM
:) Congrats Merkee!

faerywings
01-16-2008, 09:54 AM
woot!! All Hail Queen Merkee!!

ikscrap
01-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Congrats :)

bonnie76
01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
:notworthy Yay Queen Merkee!! Congrats!

Madi
01-16-2008, 12:21 PM
:yahoo Congratulations Queen Merkee!! :agree

:yourock

:cheer We are cheering for you,

Maya and Diane

~Cat~
01-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Go Merkee!!! Congrats girlie!!!

Away from crafting, how do you like to spend your time.

Whats your favourite starbucks beverage :lol: (every girl has got to have one!)

Nathalie
01-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah Merkee, congrats! :wub

Merkeley Designs
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks ladies. :)

Go Merkee!!! Congrats girlie!!!

Away from crafting, how do you like to spend your time.

Whats your favourite starbucks beverage :lol: (every girl has got to have one!)
If I'm not crafting, I love to read romance and mystery and self help books. I also like to play on the Wii with hubby and I love to play with our animals.

(How did you know? lol) I usually order a Cafe Mocha but I've been wanting to try the Skinny Caramel Latte. I like the Caramel Frappuccino in the summer months.

kutnkudly
01-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Congrats Queen Merkee!!! :cheer

Ok, got a question for ya,

Do you have a 'most embarrassing moment' in your life? Care to share? lol

These gals have been too easy on ya ;)

Merkeley Designs
01-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Congrats Queen Merkee!!! :cheer

Ok, got a question for ya,

Do you have a 'most embarrassing moment' in your life? Care to share? lol

These gals have been too easy on ya ;)
haha...okay, let me think...
most embarrassing..One of the things that has always stuck out in my mind was probably when I was 16 and getting ready to take the driving test. I was in my mom's car with the instructor. I'm deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other. Well, my mom had left the car running when she pulled into the spot for me to take over. It was summer and the air conditioning was running too. I couldn't hear the engine and was so nervous that I tried to start the car with the instructor in it and needlessly ground the ignition. He finally said, it's already running..:blush Oh, I did pass the test. He probably felt sorry for me. I did turn majorly red I'm sure.

wildblueeyez
01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Congrats Merkee!!!! http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/wildblueeyez15068/clappingsmiley.gif

RandiOh
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Congrats on QOFD! Loving your black and white credit card sized calendars :o

question: where is the 1 place you find you get most of your inspiration/ideas from?

congrats :D

Merkeley Designs
01-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Congrats on QOFD! Loving your black and white credit card sized calendars :o

question: where is the 1 place you find you get most of your inspiration/ideas from?

congrats :D
I would say just everyday life. I don't have one place where I go to get motivated. I am constantly looking at things with a designing eye. I have a huge binder of ideas and things that I have been inspired by and have written down for future harvesting. It really helps to write things down.

Merkeley Designs
01-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Thank you everyone for the kudos and the questions. It's been really fun being Queen for a day!! Hail to the new queen of the day.

newfiemountiewife
01-17-2008, 06:16 AM
Congratulations Queen Merkee!!! :D

RandiOh
01-17-2008, 08:19 AM
I would say just everyday life. I don't have one place where I go to get motivated. I am constantly looking at things with a designing eye. I have a huge binder of ideas and things that I have been inspired by and have written down for future harvesting. It really helps to write things down.

we never are able to pick just one, eh :D! future harvesting is a great idea - neat to know how you work. thank you for sharing!!!

ccmentor
01-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Woohoo Merkee, you rock!!! Congrats on this honor and it is welld deserved my friend!!! ((((hugs))))