PDA

View Full Version : NSBR: Windows Vista: Wireless Problems?

Jenna
04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I got a great new laptop today and Photoshop FLIES on it. I love it! My only problem is it came loaded with Vista and I cannot connect to my wireless router! After looking around, this is a KNOWN issue with Vista?!!? Did you guys have problems with a wirelss router and Vista? Can I just load XP over it and use the more familiar XP features? I'd honestly be happy with XP. I am so frustrated. There is apparently a reg edit fix out there that is not working for me so I feel... trapped. I want to get online with my smokin' hot new red "scraptop"!!!

Oh yeah, it's my scraptop. DH doesn't even get to TOUCH it!

Jennilyn
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
My wireless router was found immediately by my laptop when I got it last month. I have a "WiFi Catcher" on the side that I just flicked and it found it.

Sorry you are having problems Jenna!

2BG
04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I haven't had any problems with my wireless connection either.....can you see any wireless networks?....is it just connecting to them....or that it can't find your wireless signal at all?

If you can see it but not connect to it you might have to set up your network so that it recognizes and allows your laptop to connect. I know my wireless connection is encrypted for security reasons so I had to do this with my laptop.

ScrappinRN
04-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Mine hooked right up as well last month. I don't have any answers for you, but I hope you figure it out soon!!

tuneskids
04-09-2008, 05:19 PM
mine runs wirelessly with Vista, no problems. But I did have to enter my modem/router name and WEP required to access the internet, since we have it activated so no one can pull our signal.

Jenna
04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
:( Thanks guys! Nothing so far. Even the "fix" on the MS site doesn't help. It sees my network and says I have limited access, I just cannot get online. I am thinking of hard-resetting my router but then I need to set everything else up again. And it still may not work. Argh.

starbunny
04-09-2008, 05:25 PM
My daughter had some problems and the wireless router (linksys) people walked her right through it...

That or you internet company might could help.

Linda

bascrapr
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Well, I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but when I got my laptop, I didn't know there was a button on the front that you had to push to get the connect working. :blush

jodys
04-09-2008, 07:12 PM
LOL! Sounds like something I would do.

onescrappymom
04-09-2008, 07:13 PM
:( Thanks guys! Nothing so far. Even the "fix" on the MS site doesn't help. It sees my network and says I have limited access, I just cannot get online. I am thinking of hard-resetting my router but then I need to set everything else up again. And it still may not work. Argh.

This actually sounds like your wireless network is SECURE and you need to enter the encryption code to "gain" the access. Since it is finding the network and router... that is not the problem.

angelextreme
04-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I also called the wireless router company and they walked me through it. It was worth being on hold for 45 mins. I was having this same problem and was almost in tears for two days. Now Im hooked up and WIRELESS baby. Give them a call.

nana_vg
04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I bought a Dell with Vista. I had to click on wireless networks in the bottom taskbar and select my home network, but then it has worked perfectly ever since.