PDA

View Full Version : Is this what S4H Means???

biograffiti
06-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Iíve been making a bunch of hybrid stuff lately that I think I could actually personalize for others and sell. Iím not necessarily talking about scrapbook pages or layouts but different crafts that Iíve used scrapbook kits or elements in. Is it ok to sell my final item if Iíve used a kit Iíve purchased to create part of it? Iím talking about making like the little altoid tins and using scrap paper Iíve purchased to decorate the tins, etc. Or if I did make a personalized hybrid project using quick pages is this something I would have to purchase a S4H product for (I would sell the finished product all printed up as a book, etc). Sorry if this is common sense S4H stuff, I just havenít ever explored this before.
Thanks,

fa11enan9e1(arisu)
06-10-2008, 03:07 PM
This definitely varies from designer to designer. I'm pretty sure this falls under S4H. I know for sure that if you have S4H kits it's completely fine to sell your final item if it's personalized.. I'm not completely sure if it is if it's not? I'll have to defer to an expert on that matter. :P

kutnkudly
06-10-2008, 04:48 PM
It would depend on the designer. My TOU for that type of work would more fit the CU version than the scrap4Hire, but I know that some classify it as scrap4hire, so you would have to either get with the designer or read their TOU. If you can't get a copy of their TOU online, then I would definitely email them.

needadietcoke
06-11-2008, 03:36 AM
That sounds more like Commercial Use to me. I buy almost everything with the commercial use license now so that I don't have to worry!!!

ChristyHC
06-11-2008, 06:08 AM
S4H for most designers means simply scrapping pages for others. So you create an individual project for someone and give them the flattened page images or prints - creating an individual scrapbook page(s) for someone for pay.
Anything that is more of a mass production or something you make first and then try to sell is usually considered commercial use.

mcardall
06-11-2008, 08:10 AM
If it is a single one-of-a-kind craft project, then it would most likely fall under Scrap4Hire.
If you make more than one of the same thing to sell at a craft fair, it would most likely fall under Commercial use.

If you are planning to make QuickPages to put INSIDE the project, you have to be sure that either you have commercial use products OR that the Scrap4Hire designer allows you to create QPs. Most do not.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!