PDA

View Full Version : NSBR: Skiiers, where do you buy your clothes?

DeeZee
11-24-2006, 04:52 AM
Looking to get my oldest a ski jacket but YIPES the prices are crazy! This year we live only 30 minutes from the slopes and she LOVES to ski and she outgrew her jacket. She's in a women's size so the prices went up significantly from the kid's sizes!!

ETA: Need online shops so I can order for delivery :-)

Pamela Gibson
11-24-2006, 04:55 AM
sport chek or sport mart

Pamela Gibson
11-24-2006, 04:56 AM
i got my really good one, cant remember the brand off the top of my head, might be burton, for about 80 bucks, but i've had it for about 5 years now, and its not showing any signs of wear or tear and i've always been big on skiing, even has a pocket for your cd player/mp3 player with a thing through the inside for the headphones, its really quite cool. lol. i got it at sport chek...

DeeZee
11-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Is this a canadian store? I'm searching for Sport Chek and coming up with Canada ... won't stop me from ordering if the prices are right but I was wondering if there was a US store too

Margie S.
11-24-2006, 07:24 AM
We used to get our stuff at Sport Chalet. I haven't shopped there online only when we lived in CA. Too bad I'm not going to Italy soon-I have tons of my DD's old jackets in perfect shape!!

DeeZee
11-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Hmmm.. sounds like I need to make a road trip. You guys have snow over there now Margie? We're seeing snow caps just this week!!

cheribear
11-24-2006, 08:33 AM
sport chek and sport mart are just Canadian, I think. I bought my own Columbia jacket there for less than $100 after Christmas, though. Lots of different name brands that the teenagers here seem to love (FireFly, Powder Room, etc.)

Sport Mart has awesome sales - I was so happy to get my daughter a Columbia jacket there for less than $50 - when they were selling on ebay for twice that. ;)

Margie S.
11-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Hmmm.. sounds like I need to make a road trip. You guys have snow over there now Margie? We're seeing snow caps just this week!!

No snow yet-but I am more southern-close to Serbia. We are heading to Salzburg for a few days Monday so hope to get a bit of snow. I'd love to know where you are at in Italy. We go there quite a bit. We should have a European scrap gathering :)

DeeZee
11-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Ohhh that sounds like SO much fun!! Hmm.. I wonder .... how far is it to Munich for you?? We could try to meet up there; that's pretty central!

We're about an hour north of Venice, just where the mountains stop and the plain starts.

field_ja
11-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I just bought some new ski pants this year at llbean.com and bought a great coat with eddiebauer.com last year...

Pamela Gibson
11-26-2006, 01:18 AM
sport mart i guess is canadian, but the prices are great. lol. same with sport chek.

javamama
11-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Have you tried REI? They have an outlet with some wonderful deals.... www.rei.com

And EMS too though they tend to be a bit expensive... www.ems.com

DeeZee
11-26-2006, 07:17 AM
We got a bunch of great stuff at REI two years ago -- but even their outlet stuff is really pricey this year (I can't remember paying over $100 for a jacket .. now most of them are in the $200 range) Maybe I'm just hitting it at the wrong time LOL!