PDA

View Full Version : waaah! I can not shop at SBB!

Angela G
11-24-2006, 08:59 AM
I've been trying for 2 hours and can not get through to even browse all the items I want to add to my cart!! :( I assume everyone is having troubles. I'm starting to feel like giving up! :duh

~Julie~
11-24-2006, 09:00 AM
i was browsing earlier and it took forever!!!

paperchick
11-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Yep, Me too. I actually got to the checkout section when it quit on me. Undge.

GinaMiller
I had a full cart and then bam- the store shut down. :(

paperchick
They are doing maintenance.

Angela G
11-24-2006, 09:05 AM
They are doing maintenance.
I was trying to shop at midnight last night and kept getting that message, now still getting it this morning. I don't think they would plan routine maintenance during a HUGE sale. Would they? :eek

ScrappinRN
11-24-2006, 09:10 AM
I refused to shop there anymore after the fiasco last time, but I realllly wanted to get me some more Michelle Underwood, so I relented.

Michelle....please please please either stock up your store at ACOT with all of your goodies (a girl needs more than 17) or move out of SBB. It's killing your sales, girl!

I kept getting the same screens as before when it was overloaded (and all I had to do was checkout, as I thought I was smart by shopping yesterday and loading my cart) and then bam! Maintenance. :(

I'm so angry and disgusted and mad and and and and.....

Yen
11-24-2006, 09:11 AM
I have the same problem too..I think, I'll just wait..

But if you want to shop in Meredith Fenwick Designs, you can check her store here..

http://www.meredithfenwickdesigns.com/digistore/

:)

Terri Walsh
11-24-2006, 09:13 AM
awe that is too bad, I know I was trying too but it was very slow

AmyK
11-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I was shopping there too, and getting kicked out! I'm so bummed! Thanks for the link to Meredith's store - I'm checking out her stuff at Scrapbook Graphics too. ;)

cheribear
11-24-2006, 09:17 AM
I had my cart full early this morning (like, 3 am) and should have checked out when I had the chance!!!

I was also able to browse a bit today - a half hour or so ago. Its been slow for sure, but I just started getting that message. Why didn't I check out?!?!?

RatherBscrappin
11-24-2006, 09:22 AM
move out of SBB. It's killing your sales, girl!
I'm so angry and disgusted and mad and and and and.....

Yeah, it's sooooo sad :( to see this time & time again at SBB ... I don't know why ANY designer would want to put up with it!

... and then when the store loads & we're able to buy our new goodies, it takes freakin' forever to download em (transfer rates in the 30 - 70 kbs at best is completely inexcusable!!) and Amy has NEVER fixed/upgraded this part of the shop - even though it has been addressed like a gadzillion billion times. :madness

I always swear NEVER again, but most times the designers hold their FAB sales only at the SBB store ... oh well, sa la vie, right!

Pamela Gibson
11-24-2006, 09:26 AM
its working now

AKSheridan
11-24-2006, 09:35 AM
I refused to shop there anymore after the fiasco last time, but I realllly wanted to get me some more Michelle Underwood, so I relented.

Michelle....please please please either stock up your store at ACOT with all of your goodies (a girl needs more than 17) or move out of SBB. It's killing your sales, girl!

Ditto!!!

It IS working great right now though....I better go hurry while it lasts!!

Dani~B
11-24-2006, 09:57 AM
It seems to be working now. I am sorry for everyone's frustration :(

Hom74
11-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Luckily I shopped for Amy Martin goodies the other day and had no problems. Links pretty much instantly to my email. Maybe those with problems could post it at SBB w/the specific error messages.

Cori
11-24-2006, 10:01 AM
I've been VERY disappointed over the past 3-4 months with SBB. I cannot tell you how many times I've filled up my cart with goodies only to have the store just completely shut me out. NOTHING will load. I was able to make a purchase last week and I couldn't believe it. VERY frustrating for me because at least 3 of my favorite designers are exclusive there and I simply just cannot buy their goodies.

I always swear that I won't go back but I always try. I tried at least a dozen times last night and kept getting kicked off or frozen out. :(

Angela G
11-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Already, not working again. aaahh! So frustrating!

GinaMiller
11-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I just finished checking out.... try again!! :D

cheribear
11-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Michelle Underwood, wherever you are - my December scrapping budget is blown. And, its not December yet.

:lol:

cheribear
11-24-2006, 10:24 AM
BTW, I never have trouble with downloading my purchases from SBB. Right now, these huge kits of Michelle's are coming through in record time, with just one link. I like that, a lot. I was getting nervous with the way my cart was loaded up and the traffic on that site that I might be in for some serious headaches.

AmyTeets
11-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah! Just checked out!

Scrappylove
11-24-2006, 11:33 AM
just finished buying and d/l no problems!

Angela G
11-24-2006, 11:43 AM
I finally checked out, but half my order is marked as 'queued'. I have no idea why, as I paid for it all together via Paypal. I sent an email and hopefully will have it resolved soon. What a chore it's been to shop there! But I suppose the great sale is worth it, so I've stuck it out. ;) ha!

Pamela Gibson
11-24-2006, 12:21 PM
you'd think with sbb being one of the bigger sites they could upgrade a bit more so it doesnt crash everytime they have a sale and go incredibly slow the rest of the time even when they arent having a sale. lol.

meadow92
11-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I got the new Michelle Underwood kit. I just kept trying took a little while but I wanted that kit. :D

Dani~B
11-24-2006, 12:53 PM
A little OT but Walmart.com was even down today!! Lots of shopping going on everywhere!

Angela G
11-24-2006, 01:04 PM
A little OT but Walmart.com was even down today!! Lots of shopping going on everywhere!
bwaaha! :lol3 We shoppers are one tough crowd!

nanay2angels
11-24-2006, 01:14 PM
It's been on and off for me too. But if I'm logged in to the store when I'm shopping, my shopping cart gets saved even when I get bumped off. There were like 200 shoppers (registered and unregistered) when I was there so that might be slowing it down.

I've nver had any problem with the download links either.

December Roses
11-24-2006, 01:41 PM

You are right about that, Dani! That's what they told us too. Then, at one of the other stores, the computers went down and checkout was a terrible nightmare. lol!

I am sorry it is being frustrating. I might even extend my sale through Sunday.

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I've been trying for 2 hours and can not get through to even browse all the items I want to add to my cart!! :( I assume everyone is having troubles. I'm starting to feel like giving up! :duh

Hi Angela et al... yep I experienced the same thing and by noon-1pm et this should have been resolved.... if you are still having issues feel free to email customer service and/or PM me here or even better at SBB.

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 02:12 PM
you'd think with sbb being one of the bigger sites they could upgrade a bit more so it doesnt crash everytime they have a sale and go incredibly slow the rest of the time even when they arent having a sale. lol.

tsk tsk - you'd think... but wait.... we have... but unbeknowest to us this was an issue beyond our control... the domain on the MySQL server was not resolving to our hosting and they reset it and in the meantime I moved it to speed things up.... please don't always ASSUME that "SBB" isn't upgraded... there are at times other issues that take place besides server upgrades... just so happens today a different issue presented itself.... This apparently has been an issue for a while now but the store hasn't been busy enough to really push the limits of it as it was using the IP most of the time and not the domain...

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah, it's sooooo sad :( to see this time & time again at SBB ... I don't know why ANY designer would want to put up with it!

... and then when the store loads & we're able to buy our new goodies, it takes freakin' forever to download em (transfer rates in the 30 - 70 kbs at best is completely inexcusable!!) and Amy has NEVER fixed/upgraded this part of the shop - even though it has been addressed like a gadzillion billion times. :madness

I always swear NEVER again, but most times the designers hold their FAB sales only at the SBB store ... oh well, sa la vie, right!

pssst.... did you hear? Ack... we are human the site had issues that were entirely unrelated to any traffic and/or server upgrades that "could have" been performed.... as for AMY NOT FIXING ANYTHING... how would you REALLY KNOW THIS???? You don't.... assumptions are never pretty...

Michelle Underwood
11-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Aww, girls, I am so sorry for the trouble that you are having.:(

I will extend the sale one more day...so, if you don't get in today, you can get in tomorrow when the crowds slow down.

mirranda
11-24-2006, 02:17 PM
My sale is also extended through Saturday.

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 02:18 PM
and again as Michelle said... sorry if anyone had troubles early this morning until about noon/1pm I had this checked into and fixed for the time being.... and as noted all issues ARE resolved and if you have an issue still to please let us know directly.

Rhoda Jayne
11-24-2006, 02:26 PM
When I saw Shelleyrae's blog notice I went straight to SBB last night to purchase her latest templates. My pages each took about 90 seconds to load; however, this afternoon the pages loaded in about 2 seconds for Michelle's awesome sale.
All of my downloads have been fast.
This has been a great sale weekhttp://www.informanews.net/IPBforum/style_emoticons/default/yeah.gif

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Rhoda - so great to hear... thanks for posting and letting us know...

_________
Also I have sent a note to all our store designers and asked they all send me a note if they are extending their sales and that will be posted at SBB and the SBB store blog: http://sbbpostings.com

Thanks to all those who had patience as I worked this out today and hope you enjoy your purchases!

GinaMiller
11-24-2006, 02:45 PM

It took me AGES to check-out at Disney.com. AGES. I couldn't believe it!

rmcabana
11-24-2006, 03:20 PM
I had no problem buying stuff today at SBB! I made several purchases at the store! I'm going to be extending my sale through this weekend at SBB and I'm sorry if you had any trouble.

Rona
11-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I went shopping at SBB in the early morning hours :) No problem with browsing and downloading.

Checked in again after a few hours (you'd think I'd have had my fill, LOL!) and the store was down.....I (correctly assumed that millions of people were shopping, so I went to Target.com, Toyr r us.com, best buy.com and a whole lot of other places.

Checked in at SBB after yet a few hours, and everything was quick and speedy again. I'm "in" there again as I type this, but just wanted to point out that during HUGE SALE events, we SHOULD expect even the bigger stores to slow down a bit.

I'm a happy camper here.....got a lot of shopping done...but I'm not done :D

WTG Amy and the rest of the SBB team! :)

kellbuckley
11-24-2006, 03:33 PM
I shopped SBB today, and had no problems what so ever...page load times were awesome, and downloading my goodies went fast too! I say WTG to Amy for shutting down the store for a bit to get the load times even faster :)

franham
11-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Technology is what it is! and most likely to burp when you have company over...

It took me two days to get my order at hearthsong.com to go through all the steps of its shopping cart without kicking me out :)

- Fran

KnightsGal76
11-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Just a quick FYI... if you are having slow download times you might want to check with your ISP to see if you are getting their guarenteed download time. When I download from SBB I get things at 150kps or better. Another thing you might try is to reboot your modem (by unplugging it for 5 min and then plugging it back in again).

Misty Cato
11-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks for your patience everyone! I've extended my sale through Sunday.

December Roses
11-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks for your patience everyone! I've extended my sale through Sunday.

Ditto from me. I am going to extend my sale through Sunday.

shelleyrae
11-24-2006, 04:29 PM
My sale is also extended! With nearly 50 designers you are sure to find something!

JeanineDeOre
11-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Ack - I was one of those walmart shoppers when the site went down! EEEK! Anyhoo, my stuff will remain on sale too... thanks for your understanding! :)

caridura
11-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Well, the site was just running really smoothly for me and I just checked out after shopping Amy Martin's sale. YAY!!

meredith
11-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I'll be extending my sale also through Sunday :)

Cori
11-24-2006, 05:59 PM
pssst.... did you hear? Ack... we are human the site had issues that were entirely unrelated to any traffic and/or server upgrades that "could have" been performed.... as for AMY NOT FIXING ANYTHING... how would you REALLY KNOW THIS???? You don't.... assumptions are never pretty...

I'm sorry. I do not understand the condescending attitude towards us consumers?? We're simply voicing our frustration at not being able to shop in your store? I know for me this is not just 'today'. This has been going on for months?

I never blamed anyone and I don't appreciate the tone that you've taken here. It has made me decide that regardless of whether or not I'm actually ABLE to spend my money in your store... I definitely will take my business elsewhere.

Talk about feeling isolated as a consumer!

ETA: Thank you to the designers who graciously extended your sales!!!

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry. I do not understand the condescending attitude towards us consumers?? We're simply voicing our frustration at not being able to shop in your store? I know for me this is not just 'today'. This has been going on for months?

I never blamed anyone and I don't appreciate the tone that you've taken here. It has made me decide that regardless of whether or not I'm actually ABLE to spend my money in your store... I definitely will take my business elsewhere.

Talk about feeling isolated as a consumer!

ETA: Thank you to the designers who graciously extended your sales!!!

Each to his own; we agree to disagree in what "occurred" today and feelings regarding it.... I do agree HUGE THANKS for those designers that are extending their sales...

Trina
11-24-2006, 06:38 PM
I had no problem buying stuff today at SBB! I made several purchases at the store!

No problems here, either. Pages loaded very fast...and kits are downloading very fast, too. I thought, by reading this thread and noticing that 230+ (!!!) scrappers were shopping at the same time as me, that I was in for the ride of my life, but it was a very pleasant shopping experience. Thank you, SBB, and the MANY designers I just purchased from there ;)

Really, with 230+ people shopping at the same time, you have to give an allowance for a slow download...especially with it being Black Friday. It's not specific to SBB, either...as Gina said, it's Internet-wide today, with even WalMart.com being down.

Cori
11-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Each to his own; we agree to disagree in what "occurred" today and feelings regarding it....

I'm confused. I don't understand this.

I'm sure glad to know how SBB seems to 'value' their customers. Instead of an apology or perhaps a solution we're met with a condescending and argumentative attitude? What does this solve?

Remember that some of us have been experiencing these difficulties over the course of MONTHS, not just today.

lunafaerie
11-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Had no problems, all checked out and good to go!

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Had no problems, all checked out and good to go!

Great to hear!!!! As we have always said, let us know if you have any issues and we'll happily check into them and try to resolve them as best we can possible....

** Treat others as you wish to be treated **

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm confused. I don't understand this.

I'm sure glad to know how SBB seems to 'value' their customers. Instead of an apology or perhaps a solution we're met with a condescending and argumentative attitude? What does this solve?

Remember that some of us have been experiencing these difficulties over the course of MONTHS, not just today.

Thanks for all your input.

penelope
11-24-2006, 08:02 PM
I've had no problems either!

ladybug*kisses
11-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm unable to get to page 2 in the Holiday collection area. I'm trying to find Christmas papers. I just keep getting an error.

Do you think this will be fixed tonight?

Thanks, rachel

Scrappylove
11-24-2006, 08:47 PM
i just shopped for a second time today got my download links instantly :)

arti-bytes
11-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Rachel, I just contacted the store Admin with your info.
Thank you so much for letting us know so we can get it working for you as soon as possible.

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Rachel, I just contacted the store Admin with your info.
Thank you so much for letting us know so we can get it working for you as soon as possible.

HI Rachel - our hosting provider is fixing that for us overnight. :)

Scrapbook-Bytes.com
11-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Thought you missed it? Visit the store yesterday before noon when it had a few hiccups? Don't be too upset! Many designers have opted to extend their sales a bit!!!

Sales which have been graciously extended by many of the SBB gals: ((hugs to you all; you ROCK!))

THROUGH SATURDAY (midnight ET)
Tracy Ann Robinson (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=89) - 30% off personal use items + bonus kit!
arti-bytes (Colleen) (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=89) - 40% off
Brenda Kempf (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=15) - 50% off
Dawn Wilson (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=71) - 40% off
Mirranda Reinhardt (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=81) - 50% off
Michelle Underwood (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=26) - 50% off
Correen Silke (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=17) - 40% off
Shelleyrae Cusbert (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=90) - 25% off
Serena Thomas (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=73) - 40% off
Dani B. (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=45) - 30% off sale; Orders $10 and up take 10% off and receive a grab bag

THROUGH SUNDAY (midnight ET)
Robin Cabana (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=69) - 40-50% off
Kathryn Balint (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=23) - 10-50% off
Tracy Rivera (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=72) - Nothing over $2!
Eva Kipler (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=74) - 50% off
Misty Cato (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=68) - 30% off
Meredith Fenwick (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=52) - 45% off

THROUGH SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3rd (midnight ET)
Ronnie McCray (http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=27) - 50-75% off

:clap:eek:D:clap:eek:D

Rona
11-25-2006, 01:38 AM
:clap :clap :clap

Thank you, you rawkin designers! You guys are AWESOME and very understanding!

Amy - you are a SPEEDY woman, fixing the trouble asap :D Like I said, I wasn't surprised SBB went down for a few minutes.....it IS Black Friday ;)

I've gone in 2 or 3 times today and no probs, whatsoever....I'm diving back in in a few hours, too, to finish up....I mean, I've got Gina Miller's stuff to move from my wishlist to my cart! LOL :D

Amy
11-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Rona - thanks so much for your kind words and understanding.... Hope you grabbed all your Gina goodies and had a great holiday.

JenniferFica
11-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I couldn't stay on long enough Friday to buy anything either. Yesterday morning I was able to and made my purchases, but couldn't download. The customer service asked me to try again today but again no luck. *sigh*

I hope they get back to me tomorrow with a solution. I'm itching to get my new goodies.