PDA

View Full Version : The Polar Express is HERE!!!!

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Ok - remind me of how freaking excited I was today in a month when I can't WAIT to put it up until next year, but today we are taking out our DVD of Polar Express for the Christmas season!!!!! We just listened to the soundtrack as a family and I'm BAWLING remembering last Christmas memories and just enjoying it so much and hearing Melissa get SOOO excited. We've been pumping this up for a week that today's the day it comes down from the attic for the Christmas Season. Tonight it's cookies and Hot Chocolate and cuddling up and watching it as a family. I can't WAIT!!!!!!!

Jennilyn
11-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I haven't seen it yet! :( I'm prolly gonna buy it when we go to WalMart tonight though. :)

Leila
11-24-2006, 11:25 AM
We need to pull out our copy! Devin didn't see it last year, he fell asleep. :lol

Angela G
11-24-2006, 11:28 AM
For some reason, that movie gave me the creeps! The characters looks so real to me, in a fake, Stepford wives kind of way. You know how Charlie and the Choc. Factory with Johnny Depp gave some people the willies? That's what Polar Express did for me. eek! I'm probably the only person who thinks that way! But I hope you and your famliy have a fantastic family night watching it! :)

KariHentzelt
11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I just gotta hear Josh Groban singing Believe in it... and that does it for me!

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 11:47 AM
I ADORE this movie. It was singlehandedly responsible for me relenting on the Santa Magic thing in our family....LMAO!!!! I was so entranced by the magic of this movie!!!

I haven't seen it yet! :( I'm prolly gonna buy it when we go to WalMart tonight though. :)

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Melissa sat through this movie all the way without moving from her seat in the MOVIE theater when she was like 2! I was amazed! Hopefully Devin will like it!

We need to pull out our copy! Devin didn't see it last year, he fell asleep. :lol

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
When I first saw it, they kinda creeped me out for a few minutes - then I was totally captured by the beauty and the magic of the rest of it. I filed the creepy eyes (which was all that really bothered me) away as not important and concentrated on the story and the majesty of the amazing computer graphics!!!

For some reason, that movie gave me the creeps! The characters looks so real to me, in a fake, Stepford wives kind of way. You know how Charlie and the Choc. Factory with Johnny Depp gave some people the willies? That's what Polar Express did for me. eek! I'm probably the only person who thinks that way! But I hope you and your famliy have a fantastic family night watching it! :)

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
You too, huh?? I was just listening to it and bawling!!!!

I just gotta hear Josh Groban singing Believe in it... and that does it for me!

Misty Mareda
11-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh I LOVE that movie!! We haven't watched it since last year either. The kiddos take after Angela...they kinda frightened by it for some reason. LOL Hopefully they'll like it now. I can still remember my Mom reading that to us when we were kids.

Have a great snuggle-fest!

Rynonut Mom
11-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Our copy was out all year - the little scratched it up it was out so much! He's watched Christmas videos ALL YEAR LONG!!! I bought a new one to replace the strached up one this morning! For $5.98, I couldn't pass up replacing it!

meems
11-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Wish I could see this. Took DS last year (he was 4) and had to leave shortly after it started, he was too scared. He likes the book though.

Traci Reed
11-24-2006, 01:39 PM
ooooh Karsten loves this movie! We've watched it 5 or 6 times in the past 3 days! He sits, entranced the whole movie..every time..and he's 2!

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 02:36 PM
A year can make a huge difference - here's hoping!!

Oh I LOVE that movie!! We haven't watched it since last year either. The kiddos take after Angela...they kinda frightened by it for some reason. LOL Hopefully they'll like it now. I can still remember my Mom reading that to us when we were kids.

Have a great snuggle-fest!

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 02:37 PM
We really wanted to keep it special to Melissa and make it a tradition, so it HAD to go away. Besides, if I saw it ONE MORE TIME last year I would have gone batty1!! LOL!!

Now I'm as excited to see it as I was the first time!

Our copy was out all year - the little scratched it up it was out so much! He's watched Christmas videos ALL YEAR LONG!!! I bought a new one to replace the strached up one this morning! For $5.98, I couldn't pass up replacing it!

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Maybe this year will be better!

Wish I could see this. Took DS last year (he was 4) and had to leave shortly after it started, he was too scared. He likes the book though.

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 02:39 PM
That was Mel too!!!

ooooh Karsten loves this movie! We've watched it 5 or 6 times in the past 3 days! He sits, entranced the whole movie..every time..and he's 2!

Amber1279
11-24-2006, 03:08 PM
we are GOING on the Polar Express next Sunday night! We tried to go last year but it was alreayd sol dout by the time we tried to buy tickets.

The kids are SO excited ... got them new PJ's and everything :D

www.thetrain.com/polarexpress.cfm

meems
11-24-2006, 06:06 PM
we are GOING on the Polar Express next Sunday night! We tried to go last year but it was alreayd sol dout by the time we tried to buy tickets.

that looks so cool!

I asked my son if he wanted to see it. Nope, still too scared.

Rynonut Mom
11-24-2006, 07:33 PM
ROFL, Susan! I did manage to pack away the books, but just couldn't get the movies put away. For one thing - can't store them in the garage with the Christmas stuff, it gets way too hot in there with the AZ heat in summer. and 2ndly, Matthew is seriously, seriously "in love" with santa since last Christmas. They have not lost their charm to him, after watching them off and on all year, but they are losing their charm to me!

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Oh you are so LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pachimac
11-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Melissa isn't really CRAZED about anything that I can't explain to her why she can't ahve it at that moment...so far!! LOL!

ROFL, Susan! I did manage to pack away the books, but just couldn't get the movies put away. For one thing - can't store them in the garage with the Christmas stuff, it gets way too hot in there with the AZ heat in summer. and 2ndly, Matthew is seriously, seriously "in love" with santa since last Christmas. They have not lost their charm to him, after watching them off and on all year, but they are losing their charm to me!

BH Designs
11-24-2006, 08:47 PM
I loved this when I saw it at the cinema,, but haven't bought it,, I also love Miracle on 34th Street,, the remake version,,, and even Wonderful Life,, lol

Inkspots
11-24-2006, 08:58 PM
LOVE this time of year! We haven't seen the movie yet, but the boys have several copies of the book and their own little bells. Maybe we'll have to get it this year. My fav Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street--the original. But you just can't pass on watching Christmas Vacation, Home Alone or A Christmas Story either. Oh how I wish our stuff was here. I think I'll put up Christmas lights since our tree's not here yet.