PDA

View Full Version : Every dress you kids to match a kit?

Hom74
11-24-2006, 04:33 PM
lol. I don't know....I may have one-upped that one.

I saw this fun kit at SSD (40% off today too!) and just HAD to take my girls to a Christmas Tree 'farm' lol :lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Hom74/SSD/sclingerman-ucut-preview.jpg

I'm seriously hopeless!! I took my girls there (sans DH since he had to work today) in hopes of getting some pixs to go with that kit! :lol I have a perfect fine (lol) plastic Christmas Tree in my closet and had NO intention of buying a real one...just taking pictures to go w/the kit. :lol

Well ok, my sister's family was also going b/c they do get the real tree every year. But I just HAD to tag along. At one point, I noticed I had taken 50 pictures :lol:lol and I'm not even the one getting the tree :lol. I hope they turn out b/c I was carrying DD2 on my hip most of the time so I'm sure there are a lot of shaky shots.

Oh boy....I'm hopeless.

**ETA = ugh... can't believe I wrote 'every' instead of EVER and 'you kids' instead of 'your kids' in the title lol. I so need a nap..............

[michele]
11-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I bought "Olivia" from the Shabby Shoppe because it goes so well with Gymbo's Petite Fleur line that the baby often wears (and it's a gorgeous kit)!

:) Michele

caridura
11-24-2006, 05:00 PM
:lol Now I can't wait to see your LO with this!

If it makes you feel better, I've bought kits because they match outfits my DD has. MandaBean had a Turtle Power kit that went perfectly with our Gymbo Prep Club outfits, so I bought that. Now she has that Panda kit that goes perfectly with another Gymbo line we have, so I'm sure I will pick that up too! :blush

maybeyousee
11-24-2006, 05:03 PM
LOL - no, no kids yet. But I did tell my friend to dress her kids in at least coordinating outfits when they went to Disney land. She came back with shots of them in pink and Bright YELLOW! So, yes, one day I probably will dress them in matching colours on 'photo' days.
And I have taken photos just to use with a specific kit:)
It's funny, here in Taiwan, people will sometimes dress siblings (not even twins) in exactly the same outfits! That cracks me up.

beaucat
11-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Yep - I also dress DS to match the season. (So red and green for Christmas pictures.)

Hom74
11-24-2006, 05:26 PM
:lol:lol Ok...don't look at my pixs then :lol:lol Today they were both wearing the same jacket and both had on khaki colorerd pants :lol:lol

In my defense...my mom bought those warm jackets for my girls. I actually like them - waaaaay better than the bright pink ones she bought last year :eek

It's funny, here in Taiwan, people will sometimes dress siblings (not even twins) in exactly the same outfits! That cracks me up.

caridura
11-24-2006, 05:28 PM
I already know that if I have another girl in the future, I'm gonna dress them alike or in coordinating outfits for special occassions. :lol I think it's adorable!

CheleOh
11-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Most definitely. I found the kit I wanted to use for our Christmas card and bought tshirts and blankets to match.

It's an illness, I know.

Chele :)

ChristinaS
11-24-2006, 06:12 PM
This is sooooo funny... It's funny how your mind works when you are a scrapbooker and hey I think you had a marvelous idea, plus you had fun taking the shots and you are going to have fun scrapping them...

GinaMiller
11-24-2006, 06:13 PM
LOL You are not alone Karen.... you are not alone. ;)

lunafaerie
11-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Not yet, but a kit I picked up today is calling my name, LOLOL!! Too funny Karen!!

OrianaVianey
11-24-2006, 06:21 PM
I know what u r talking about. A couple of days ago I just have to take out my ds because I need some pics matching this kit

http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=45422&cat=500&ppuser=2008

We scrappers are nuts... LOL

maybeyousee
11-24-2006, 06:29 PM
:lol:lol Ok...don't look at my pixs then :lol:lol Today they were both wearing the same jacket and both had on khaki colorerd pants :lol:lol

In my defense...my mom bought those warm jackets for my girls. I actually like them - waaaaay better than the bright pink ones she bought last year :eek

LOL - you have to link me up to those pics!

immaculeah
11-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah! In fact, I did just that last Sunday. Rebecca Lynn (I'm in her CT) just released her new kit and I was having trouble finding the right pics for her kit. Fortunately, my girls had outfits that perfectly match the kit and I dressed them up and snapped away! A friend of mine (my critic) was amazed at the LO and when I told her what I did, she said that it was a great idea. I had to make a few changes to my LO so I'm not ready to post as of yet. Stay tuned!

Amber1279
11-24-2006, 07:21 PM
I did it today ... we went to play at Alane's house (Marnie2two). Since I know that Amy Bleser has a new kit coming out that is "girly" Alane was gonna take some pics to scrap with. Ellie has an outfit that will go perfectly , so that is what she wore. I can't wait to see Alane's layout with the pics!

Amy Bleser
11-28-2006, 08:53 PM
LOL Amber that is too funny! I can't wait to see Alane's layout too!

I dress my kids in matching pj's every Christmas. It is so fun to see them all dressed the same!

I too have done all of the above - dress to match a kit, buy an outfit to go with a kit I just bought and design a kit after purchasing an outfit for the kids. It's a sickness - I think the cure though is simply to keep buying kits because ultimately one will match an outfit or something in the future.