PDA

View Full Version : calendars

mimi1166
11-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I love the calendars in the gallery,especially the kit from Shabby Princess, but where and how do you have these printed? What paper do you use?
I don't want to complete an entire calendar only to have it on-line only.
Please someone let me know, I just may pick up a kit!
mimi :)

Margie S.
11-25-2006, 11:01 AM
I had mine printed at Shutterfly last year. It came out nicely from what I heard from my Mom. I saw that Gina had some things made at Winkflash and I checked out their prices and they were a few dollars cheaper. Seems like the quality was good too.

femmgrangwav
12-04-2006, 10:32 PM
I bought a kit from Janet Phillips

http://www.thedigishoppe.com/shop/image.php?productid=16574

Included are:
12 layered .psd monthly "scrappable" calendar tops
1 layered .psd calendar "bottom" page
12 png date overlays

All pages are 8.5 x 11 (landscape ratio), created in 300 dpi

I see that Shuttefly requires the size to be 8.5 x10 that's not an issue with the picture portion but I wanted to use her calendar as well as you can see that she included a note section.

Is there anywhere else where I can customize the entire calendar?

Just Plain Kristi
12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
If you can't find square calendar printing online then maybe resize your square layout to 8x8 and then expand the canvas size another two inches on one side. You could expand the background paper and add some accents or journaling. Personally I'd add a list of that month's birthdays and other family events or some kind of a family story related to that month or a holiday. Maybe a family recipe for each month? Good luck!

kaylaugh

DeeZee
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
I sent mine out to Mimeo.com to have them printed. I haven't seen the final result but their customer service was GREAT. When I sent mine, I had a $100 coupon for Microsoft users so it ended up being reasonably priced. I did have to email them to set up the binding at the top rather than the side, which was a one-time set up fee of $25 (the coupon covered that at least!). I can't find the link that I used now to get the coupon though .. I'm sure it was via the microsoft website directly!

Rona
12-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I took mine to a local shop who develops pictures. They print them out on photo paper and come out really nice. Be sure to ask for a MATTE finish as opposed to a glossy one. You can also try Costco, I've heard they're reasonably priced.

justmp
12-05-2006, 04:59 AM
I had mine printed at Scrapbooks to Share (www.sbtoshare.com). If you print on their matte Cardstock, they are nice sturdy calendars that you can still write on. Then I took them to Office Max and had them spiral bound. I am very excited about giving these out this year! :) I've spent hundreds of dollars at Scrapbooks to Share in the past couple of months, and have been very pleased each time! Excellent customer service and quick turn around.

dolphncove
12-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Another one here at Sbtoshare. I just ordered mine from there and had it done 11x14. I thought 11x14 was a tad bit smaller so we can hang it up with ribbon. And make it look really nice.
I've used Sbtoshare and been very pleased..:}

Lisa

Mommy2Talesia
12-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I had mine printed at Scrapbooks to Share (www.sbtoshare.com). If you print on their matte Cardstock, they are nice sturdy calendars that you can still write on. Then I took them to Office Max and had them spiral bound. I am very excited about giving these out this year! :) I've spent hundreds of dollars at Scrapbooks to Share in the past couple of months, and have been very pleased each time! Excellent customer service and quick turn around.

Jodi, How much was it to have them spiral bound at Office Max?