PDA

View Full Version : nsbr/ Share your yummy leftover ideas....

IOD - Josie
11-25-2006, 02:18 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a thread with ideas for leftovers. If someone already started one, then just ignore, and i'll delete it (i've been out of the loop for a couple of days)

mushroom stuffing and baked brie, warmed and smashed between a croissant (i guess you'd call it a sandwich, lol)- Just made one, and it is a warm and mushroomy delight.:p Substituions could be easily made with any stuffing, warm melted cheese and good bread.

wendyzine
11-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Turkey Pot Pie. It may sound gross, but it's oh so yummy! Just take a pie crust and start layering in your leftovers. Mine had corn pudding, stuffing, turkey (chopped up), mashed potatoes. Then, pour on some leftover gravy, top with another pie crust and bake. A little leftover cranberry sauce on the side. YUM!

mlpieters
11-25-2006, 04:15 PM
i will be watching this thread - turkey is almost coming out of my nose! :eek

saxon
11-25-2006, 05:04 PM
My best-ever recipe for leftovers. Buy some Pepperidge Farm Puff Pasty and cut into squares...like 5x5ish. Place some stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy (make sure the gravy is cold so it's congealed) and pinch the opposite corners together. (Like a wonton kinda) and freeze. Bake according to puff pastry directions in like January when you are craving it again!

IOD - Josie
11-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Oooh, these are sounding good! Keep em coming....:)

Hollie H (Holliewood Studios)
11-25-2006, 05:25 PM
I am crazy for bread puddings, including savory ones.

I was thinking of mixing pieces of turkey with stuffing then pouring egg/cream mixture over and baking. Serve with cranberries!

saxon
11-25-2006, 05:39 PM
My dh said I should post this one too....Turkey tacos. So, you shred left-over turkey and combine with 1/2 bottle of mesquite marinade by lawry's and then slice a yellow onion and place everything in a pan and heat until onion is wilted and starting to carmelize. Serve in tortillas with cheese, sour cream etc...

justkc
11-25-2006, 07:39 PM
I made this last year and have it on the menu for this week too

Turkey Orzo Pilaf with spinach and cranberries

1.3 c orzo
2.5 T butter
3 cups chicken stock
approx 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
approx 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1/2 cup dried cranberries

melt butter
add orzo and cook until golden brown and nutty
add all other ingredients
bring to a low boil
reduce to simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally

brittanylyn
11-25-2006, 08:22 PM
What about the MOIST MAKER?!

(I'm a FRIENDS addict, I admit it.)

In season 5, "The One With Ross' Sandwich" Ross blows a fuse when I co-worker eats his Thanksgiving leftover sandwich that Monica made for him. The moist maker, according to this episode, has an extra piece of bread soaked in gravy (along with turkey and whatnot).

Okay, I am done with my moronic knowledge of FRIENDS episodes. :D

Karen B
11-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Ooo, KC, that sounds wonderful!

I make bbq turkey sandwiches, turkey soft tacos, turkey fried rice, and turkey sandwiches with chipotle mayonaise. Chipotle is a smoked pepper. I add a little chipotle sauce to regular mayonaise.

PlumTuckered
11-25-2006, 09:33 PM
I made a big pot of Turkey Soup tonight and it was delish!
I boiled my turkey carcass this morning, kept some of the water/fat, then tossed that, shredded and chopped turkey, sliced carrots, diced onions, sliced celery, shell macaroni, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken broth, brought it to a boil then simmered for an hour. We pigged out LOL
Tomorrow I'll make my lazyman's turkey pie:
Sliced/Shredded Turkey
Diced Onions
Chopped Celery
Sage and Poultry Seasoning
Sawmill Gravy (Milk gravy with lots of salt and pepper)
Mix it all up in a casserole dish and top with raw bisquits, cook till bisquits are done.

Michelle

Karen B
11-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Oh, yeah, I make a turkey, wild rice and vegetable soup similar to Michelle's recipe above but with white rice and wild rice instead of the macaroni.

Kazadoodle
11-25-2006, 11:26 PM
mushroom stuffing and baked brie, warmed and smashed between a croissant (i guess you'd call it a sandwich, lol)- Just made one, and it is a warm and mushroomy delight.:p Substituions could be easily made with any stuffing, warm melted cheese and good bread.

Now this sounds divine, although I would use Sour Dough bread

coloradogigi
11-26-2006, 11:02 AM
You guys are making me jealous! I went to my aunt's house and I don't have any leftovers! I want a turkey sandwich with mayo and cranberry sauce--NOW! Could you send me one, please?:lol A little bite of cornbread dressing would be good, too. You don't even have to heat it up, LOL!

mlewis
11-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I made this casserole for lunch today, and it was really good and very easy (and I am all for EASY!).

Take 2 cups of leftover turkey and put in bottom of casserole pan.
Add 2 cups frozen broccoli flourets.
Mix together 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and 3/4 cup milk and pour over turkey.
Mix 1 box of Stovetop turkey dressing with 1-2/3 cup hot water until moistened and pour over casserole. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Sunshine06
11-26-2006, 12:51 PM
My best-ever recipe for leftovers. Buy some Pepperidge Farm Puff Pasty and cut into squares...like 5x5ish. Place some stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy (make sure the gravy is cold so it's congealed) and pinch the opposite corners together. (Like a wonton kinda) and freeze. Bake according to puff pastry directions in like January when you are craving it again!

Yuuuuuum! Quick question - do you let the puff pastry thaw out and then re-freeze?

I'm making a big pot of turkey & dumplings right now. One of my favorite ways to use up turkey.

AndreaBurns
11-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Not ingenious, or anythng, but today for lunch I mixed picked turkey in some gravy and then served it on top of mashed potatoes.

HTH!