PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to put up a large tree instead of a small tree!

Florida Cindy
11-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Convince me to put up a large tree instead of a small tree! For some reason, I am not in the mood to put up Christmas decorations! I'm leaning towards a small tree instead of a large tree. Can you convince me otherwise?

meems
11-26-2006, 07:59 AM
well we have a small tree, 4 footer, so I can't convince you. Interested in the replies you get.

elm
11-26-2006, 08:05 AM
The only way I'm putting up a big tree this year is if I get myself a brand spankin new prelit one. I put up a three foot tree last year on a table and I was ok with that :D It was easy and cute, and the presents fit under it better!

Uh...I'm not doing a very good job of convincing you, am I?

A big tree is prettier for sure, but I think you have to wanna mess with it. I'm not sure this year ;)

Lauren Grier
11-26-2006, 08:11 AM
You haaaaaaave to put a big tree haha It took me 4 years (really) to convince hubby to get a treee and for SURE we bought a big one! He tried to buy a small one.. you should have SEEN the look of disappointment on Connor's (3yrs) face! He said "Daddy that tree is YUCKY! I want THAT (pointing at the BIG tree) tree!!".

So ... there you have it, hahahaha not very convincing at all- but it worked on Daddy ;)

pbumbaca
11-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh man, if I could I'd have the biggest tree I could find! We only have room for a tree about 5" tall so that when you add the angel/star on top it stands 6" and that's not even big enough for me! The bigger the better for me!

Terri Walsh
11-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I saw a beautiful 12 footer last night at Canadian Tire. If I could I would have that one for sure. I love the holidays! Good Luck

4guysandme
11-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Well I am probably no help, but we went to put up our almost 8yo 7.5ft tree and more than half the tree would not light up no matter what we did. Dh declared himself done with the tree and sent me out to get a new one. :D I came home with a 9ft tree!!! It is beautiful! So we have a 9ft tree with white lights and a 4ft tree (bigger than the 3ft one that fell apart last year) that will have multi colored lights on it when I get motivated to put them there!

InLoveWithDOTS
11-26-2006, 02:54 PM
LOL, I justtried to convince the family of the same thing but we just got back from getting a 15 footer! *sigh*

scribler
11-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Put up a big one. Otherwise, how are you going to get all of your decorations on there?

Syrin
11-26-2006, 03:08 PM
I love HUGE trees. I always have to fight with my mom (we celebrate in their house) about the tree. She wants it as small as possible. Less work, less dirt, less needles (?) to vacuum, easy to get it inside, easy to throw away.

I guess I want a huge tree, so I can feel like that little girl again :lol

anrobe
11-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Well, we always have a big tree but this year we're going to go get a small one to put on a table out of the way somewhere. A big tree just isn't practical with 19 month old twins who love to climb. Maybe next year ...

Kazadoodle
11-26-2006, 03:21 PM
No, I can't convince you - LOL - we only have a five or six footer

Hollie
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
How about a medium sized tree? Ours is maybe 7 ft if that and it doesn't look teeny at all. Plenty of room for ornaments and decorations, but not crazy huge at all. Suits us well...for now :) :)

Shabby Miss Jenn
11-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Get a small WHITE tree ~Shabby Chic~ to go on top of a cuuute antique old table! That way it's still high and you don't have to put too many decorations on it. :) :clap:clap

Natalie
11-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I think it *is* hard to get into the Christmas spirit here in Florida; I'm near Orlando and tomorrow's high is 80F! How in the world do you get into the spirit of warm jammies, a cracklin' fire, and an oven blazing with cookies all when the a/c is running and the kids are wearing shorts and flip flops outside? :lol

However, I LOVE Christmas and if I could, I'd put up a HUGE tree! And my three kids (ages 7, 5 and 2) are begging for all sorts of Christmas decorations (okay, the 2yo isn't, but the other two are doing her share, too). Alas, our house is for sale and we have a wicked good incentive right now for a lucky buyer, and we've had gobs of showings and know of at least one or two who may be about to put in an offer, so.... we might not even be in this house for Christmas. And therefore, at this point, I have no plans for a tree here. If, in another week, we are still not under contract (at which time our incentive goes -poof- away), I'll think about a tree then. Right now, I'm having a hard enough time trying to figure out how to do Santa stuff when everything might be in transit/storage!

(Ha, but at least it's colder where we're going - maybe that'll help with the ol' Christmas spirit problem, eh?)

Oh, oops! back to your question - put up a big tree! It'll help you feel more festive and seasonal and all that. :)

Diginellie
11-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Get a small WHITE tree ~Shabby Chic~ to go on top of a cuuute antique old table! That way it's still high and you don't have to put too many decorations on it. :) :clap:clap

Perfect - this is exactly what I will do. I have the perfect dark timber Art Deco Tea Trolley c1930 and a lot of white furniture and chandeliers. My decor is very Shabby Chic and I have been stressing about what would look right and where to put it etc. and now I know. Thanks Miss Jen:clap

Jana1506
11-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Convince me to put up a large tree instead of a small tree! For some reason, I am not in the mood to put up Christmas decorations! I'm leaning towards a small tree instead of a large tree. Can you convince me otherwise?

Because bigger IS better! :lol

We've got a 9-footer with 2,000 lights and LOVE it!

Florida Cindy
11-27-2006, 05:05 AM
UPDATE ABOUT PUTTING UP LARGE TREE.

After a bit of thought, I realized I didn't want to put up the tree because:

1. I wanted to unzip my digi purchases and digi scrap
2. DH was watching football and the background noise wasn't nice Christmas music.
3. All that work for who????

I realized I didn't have any current tree trimming pictures for my new digi kits. Well, heck, that was my motivation!!!!!!!!!

I went into our temporary, store the Christmas stuff, spare bedroom. I asked DS if he wanted to put up the 2 ft tree or the 7ft tree. He looked at the 2 ft tree and said "The bigger tree". I told him he will have to help put it up and decorate it.

DS took the artificial tree out of the box and put it together while I snapped photos. Then, we went through the ornaments (no garland this year-I hate the job of putting it on the tree). I turned on my MP3 player and began singing in my horrendous voice while DS and I put the ornaments on the tree. I took a picture of DH sitting at his computer while watching football. I will certainly take more photos when HE takes down the tree! LOL!

The "job" was done fairly quickly. Then, I put all of my lighthouse ornaments on my small 2 ft tree. I plan to capture close up shots of the lights and ornaments on both trees.

Now, where do I get the motivation to wrap presents???????????????????

4guysandme
11-27-2006, 05:08 AM
Now motivation to wrap presents is another story entirely! One I am dreading. I am almost done shopping, but the motivation to wrap is just not there! But yay on the tree.

MissKim
11-27-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm not in the mood to decorate, either. We have company coming for my daughter's Christmas program this week and I feel obligated to decorate, but I'm not feeling well, and just am not in the mood. We'll probably do our 4 foot tree. I see no reason to go overboard on the whole decorating thing, especially when we have never actually spent Christmas Day at home.