PDA

View Full Version : Creating Keepsakes Digital Kit???

Lindsay
11-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't know if they just don't have it up yet, but I received the January issue yesterday and Jessica Sprague has done a kit for a full digital insert (they did a really good job!) I went to the website but it's not pulling up, has anyone found it yet?? It's such a cute kit!!!!

Karen B
11-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Ooo! Thanks for the heads-up!

yellowsunnybear
I looked for it too. They still have the December issue on their web page. Hopefully it will be up soon!

mlpieters
just got my CK in the mail yesterday, too. hmmm...haven't ha a chance to get over there yet tho. the kit looks great.

amandajane
11-26-2006, 10:55 AM
are these from subscriptions?
I subscribed a few months ago I got Novembers, then Octobers, but don't have Dec yet. Are they usually on time?

mlewis
11-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I subscribed and got November then October and nothing since.

sandra
11-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I have also had problems with my CK subscription. I had a missing issue. I contacted them and the rep added one more month to the end of my subscription. They will not, however, send out a copy of the missing issue. I wondered if I was alone... that's a shame, huh? I have no problems with any other magazine subscriptions.

Pachimac
11-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I saw it last night and was so excited to go get it this morning but I can't get it either. I was really happy to see the digital insert. Let's see how many paper scrappers will be upset and trashing CK for it tho...it happened last time they spent a whole 15 pages on Digital!

AngelaPowers
11-27-2006, 10:02 AM
are these from subscriptions?
I subscribed a few months ago I got Novembers, then Octobers, but don't have Dec yet. Are they usually on time?

I got my first issue for October...then nothing in November. Then the December issue came...I was going to call, but then like 4 days later the November issue came, lol. And I did get Jan. the other day. So, I am not sure what is going on...but you might still get your missing issue...if not, just call them. I had to call on another matter and they were super friendly and quick to help.

Jill D-Zines
11-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Hmmm... don't know if this is the same thing you're talking about, but we (the designers at ScrapOutsidetheBox) recently finished a kit for CK "Keepsakes" - a free download. You can go to our home-page to find a link for it, and we put together a matching CD mega-kit as well.

Jill

Trina
11-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Let's see how many paper scrappers will be upset and trashing CK for it tho...it happened last time they spent a whole 15 pages on Digital!

NO WAY!! That is what turned me from paper TO digital...and haven't looked back since :p

amykrh
11-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Hmmm... don't know if this is the same thing you're talking about, but we (the designers at ScrapOutsidetheBox) recently finished a kit for CK "Keepsakes" - a free download. You can go to our home-page to find a link for it, and we put together a matching CD mega-kit as well.

Jill

Jill,

The kit shown in the magazine isn't our kit, but they did mention us. Next month, they're will be an article about The American Cancer Society "Calendar of Hope" Charity-kit we put out, yea!

Row
11-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Is it called Echoes of Asia, or is that an older one? I am dl'ing EOA now.

AngelaPowers
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Is it called Echoes of Asia, or is that an older one? I am dl'ing EOA now.

Yep, that's the one...they must have it up now! It really is a beautiful kit :)

michelleh1
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
here's a link for those who are looking for it. http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mag/article.ihtml?index_field=1837

Rona
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the link, Michelle! :)

Barb Speck
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
If you look on page 8 there are 4 URLS to our local digi stores giving out freebies. I think it was great that they did a digital section-didn't realize that CK's members got upset over the last one. Well my theory is that CK like other magazines have to stay up with the times or they loose other subscribers and Jessica Sprague one of their editors does a lot of digital scrapbooking so I'm hoping to see more of this.

Audra
11-27-2006, 04:10 PM
ck is or was the only mag I subscribed to...since
discovering digital I really dont pay much attention to it
unless there is digital stuff in it!
Yes...they do need to keep up with the trends...that includes Digi!

Just Plain Kristi
11-27-2006, 04:21 PM
If you look on page 8 there are 4 URLS to our local digi stores giving out freebies. I think it was great that they did a digital section-didn't realize that CK's members got upset over the last one. Well my theory is that CK like other magazines have to stay up with the times or they loose other subscribers and Jessica Sprague one of their editors does a lot of digital scrapbooking so I'm hoping to see more of this.

How about posting those links for the rest of us who haven't received that issue yet? Thanks!

kaylaugh

NishaM
11-27-2006, 05:07 PM
thanks for the links Michelle..off to check it now :) Nisha

DebiH
11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
The links on page 8 of the digital section are for:

Digital Design Essentials
Designer Digitals
Shabby Princess
Scrap Outside the Box

Way cool!

Angela G
11-27-2006, 07:04 PM
How about posting those links for the rest of us who haven't received that issue yet? Thanks!

kaylaugh
There aren't links to a specific free kit, just a web addy for the sites DebiH listed..

stayawake
11-27-2006, 07:32 PM
So... is this mag worth picking up? I'm going on a trip in a few weeks and want to pick up a couple of magazine... is the digital pullout worth reading?

arenee
11-27-2006, 07:56 PM
The kit is wonderful. I am glad to see that Creating Keepsakes is keeping up with cutting edge scrapbook techniques. The mag is a good one to thumb thru so it is worth the money. I don't think they have all their digi site in place.

Inkspots
11-27-2006, 07:58 PM
I have also had problems with my CK subscription. I had a missing issue. I contacted them and the rep added one more month to the end of my subscription. They will not, however, send out a copy of the missing issue. I wondered if I was alone... that's a shame, huh? I have no problems with any other magazine subscriptions.

You are so not alone! I can't even count how many issues I've not received. It's a shame as it's a gift and I've gotten a couple issues added on. Now that I'm living overseas though, I have no idea how I'm going to keep track of what comes and doesn't.:madness

Can't wait to see the digi kit though!

ang517
11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
It's up! I'm DLing now!

Free Echos of Asia digital kit by Jessica Sprague (http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mag/article.ihtml?index_field=1837)

Just Plain Kristi
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks! I'm still discovering great sites and really appreciate freebies since I'm just starting my supplies collection. I had two of those stores bookmarked already so...two more stores bookmarked...about a hundred left to check out? Seems that way, anyway! LOL!

kaylaugh

JHsizzle
11-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Has anyone taken a good look at their kit after downloading it? Mine is missing the Instant Success folder which is supposed to contain the beginner's page (not that important as I don't really want/need that, but it may be frustrating for those who are trying digi for the first time.) Also, there's supposed to be 8 page templates somewhere on their site that also can be downloaded and I can't find those either.

Am I missing something? Are you able to access all of these? TIA for any info.

scrappinmichele
11-28-2006, 12:25 PM
I've been subscribing to CK since almost issue 1 and I've never missed an issue. I had one that arrived damaged and I contacted them and they sent me a new one (now it was many many years ago so maybe they don't send issues out anymore).

stayawake
11-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Their site says the kit is missing the beginners page now, and that there is someplace to download it there?