PDA

View Full Version : S/O POLL: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU TO USE A KIT?

Florida Cindy
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
POLL: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU TO USE A KIT?

cheribear
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I sometimes use a kit right after downloading it. Most of my LO's are started with something I just opened. But I can't do that with ALL of them so a lot of them sit a long time before being used.

Cori
11-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Ummmm, LOL

CT kits I use within the first 5-7 days (usually sooner). Kits that I buy? They usually rarely get used. I counted 280 unused kits in my stash just yesterday.

Hom74
11-26-2006, 04:13 PM
CT kits get used pretty quickly. I scrap pretty much everyday and CT kits are on the top of my list. If I have a lot of new CT kits in a short amount of time....I can at least get to them within a week.

Purchased items take a bit longer if I ever get a change to use them lol.

Jill D-Zines
11-26-2006, 04:19 PM
LOL!! Just looking at the results... a LOT of us have the same New Year's Resolution!! :lol

For CT kits (I'm only on a couple right now, as I had to drastically cut back after I started designing), I *usually* use a kit within a week and I really TRY to always do that (and that is the time-frame that my CTs have asked for) - sometimes 3D life gets in the way, but usually it works out. I'm finding that designing takes a lot more time than I anticipated (I think I'm just really, really slow, cuz I tend to make a kit, then go back and pull half of it and re-do it, like 2 or 3 times, cuz it's not "just right". I'm hoping I'll get better over time and not take SOOooo long to make kits that I barely have time to scrap!

I agree with others who said that kits they have *purchased* may not EVER get used!! I laughed at the one who said she had 280 (?) unused kits - but I'm sure if I counted mine, I'd be in the same neighborhood, and be really embarassed about it! ROFL! I just LOVE shopping for beautiful kits as much as I love using them! ;)

Kazadoodle
11-26-2006, 04:26 PM
That depends entirely on the kit - LOL - I didn't answer the poll coz that wasn't a choice - LOL

pagebypaige
11-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh my gosh... I have so many kits that I have never used!!!! My CT's tend to keep me pretty busy so it's hard to keep up with the ones I buy!! I do need to make that a goal in the upcoming year!!!

OrianaVianey
11-26-2006, 04:40 PM
today I was checking my stuff and I have kits that had forgotten ...

Lauren
11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
I tend to only buy kits when I want to use them, so pretty quickly - within a couple of days. But if there's a sale, I might go a bit longer. I've already used something from almost every designer I bought stuff from on Black Friday though - helps when you don't stick to a single designer/kit per layout, get through a lot more. :lol

Karen B
11-26-2006, 07:10 PM
I have dozens of kits I bought or got as freebies over the last year and a half that I haven't used yet. For my CT kits though, I usually have a layout done within a couple days so it can be in galleries when the kit goes up for sale in the store.

sarahbcmc
11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
When I buy non-CT stuff its usually because I HAVE TO HAVE IT (crazy lady shouting), so I use it straight away...except for a couple of designers where I love there stuff and have to purchase even though I won't use it for ages!!