PDA

View Full Version : NSBR: ISO gift ideas for 40 yr old man

Florida Cindy
11-27-2006, 03:52 AM
NSBR: ISO gift ideas for 40 yr old man who has everything he wants and needs.

Hobbies: music and movies. Has all he wants now.

Doesn't need clothing

Has all the tools he needs

Doesn't like lottery tickets

Help???

Kim2002
11-27-2006, 05:49 AM
Well, my husband is going to be 36 and here are things that he would love:

tickets to a sports game
grill tools
gift certificates for lunch (my husband loves these cuz he doesn't need cash on hand)
golf range finder or electronic golf score keeper
watch
TiVo
DVR
MP3 player (nice when out doing yardwork!)
subscription to a favorite magazine (Sports Illust., Golf Digest, etc.)
gold or silver tie tack or money clip
all-in-one tool (kinda like a swiss army knife)
Memory stick
Digital photo keychain (http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=541516&search_type=search&search_words=frame&prodtemp=t1&cm_re=Result*R3C1*A)

davec777
11-27-2006, 06:55 AM
My hubby is 38 and he surprised me by wanting a hand held sudoku game for Christmas. Wouldn't have guessed that one.... I know he would also appreciate gift certificates for eating out. Maybe a Gift certificate to amazon or something like that where he could get a wide range of things.....

Good luck!

Stephanie

pbumbaca
11-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Car Wash gift certificates
G/C to his favorite coffee house
Movie or Music G/C for later when he does want something?

Karen B
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Does he work on his own vehicles at all? My father in law wanted a digital tire pressure gauge. Didn't know such a thing existed, but Sears had 2, the more expensive one was only $5 more and had a bigger backlit screen for use at night.

sunnie2004
11-27-2006, 10:17 AM
case of beer good beer !!!!

Caren

Terry Maruca
11-27-2006, 10:33 AM
reservations and one of the expensive hotel rooms that are themed decorated! Of course, you would include yourself in the package. Perhaps some nighties that match the theme?

ROFL

daly
11-27-2006, 11:34 AM
We gave my fil a chiminea fireplace with a stack of pinon wood. (It basically a pottery fireplace on a stand that you keep out on the patio.
We enjoyed it over the Thanksgiving holidays.

I want to buy my dh one now!

tlccreates
11-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I just bought Legos for DH (age 52) He has already taken over the Lego collection that belonged to the kids LOL (all are adults now and no grandbabies yet)

hehehe - not your typical gift idea for 40+ guy
But he got into designing robots with colleagues and they use the computer programable Mindstorm kits soooooooo just bought the new version. Black Friday sale tripled the credits so I ended up with $40 worth of credit for him to use in the store later. - we don't have a local store but we were visiting family so got to go shopping on Black Friday at the lego store. Yes, he knows about the purchase - just like I know that he got me a 400gig EHD for $100 on Black Friday. They will both be wrapped up for the big day.

liannallama
11-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Oh, my DH is so hard to buy for! I made him really happy for his BD and got him a French Press coffee maker (he LOVEs coffee). I am going to get him the first season of MXC (Most Extreme Challenge) for Christmas--he loves that stupid show, LOL! He also loves comic books and subscribes to Spiderman. He wants a new video game system, maybe PS2.

Maybe some sports tickets to a local game? Concert, play or event Tickets? A special snack food just for him? Workout accessories (gloves, towels, bag?) Any sort of computer or car accessory? Satelite radio? DH loves his DVR and wants a way to burn the disks and make more space.

Lauren Grier
11-27-2006, 03:37 PM
what about a basket of goodies.. this is what my mom suggested for my dad. Sweets, salty, cheesy (her words haha). Maybe tuck a gift certificate in there as well :)