PDA

View Full Version : When you bought ACDSee, did you buy the download extension also??

bttrflygrl
11-27-2006, 04:27 AM
They offer this for 5 bucks so you have a year to re-download the software for a year w/o penalty. Did anyone buy this? I'm d/l to my laptop and will also want a copy on my desktop when I get it out of storage. I'm thinking I'll need this, but I've never had to pay for this option before. What's the deal? Should I do it?

simplyred
11-27-2006, 07:44 AM
No, I didn't buy it. I always do a "save as" when I download and save the executable file into it's own folder. Then I burn a copy of this file to a CD with the license number or any other pertinent information saved to the same CD in a text format. This way I have a copy of the program on a CD just as if I had gone to a store and bought it and since I also saved the license number, etc. as a separate file, I can re-load anytime I need (or want) to do so.

Jill D-Zines
11-27-2006, 07:48 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid (doesn't bother me - I'm used to it! LOL!) ... what is "ACDSee"?

3pointers
11-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Well, if you're like the rest of us digital nuts, it's something you definitely need. But don't blame me if you spend more money!

It's photo managing software that a lot of us are using to manage our digital kits.

There are quite few posts in this forum about it, so just do a search for ACDsee. I believe, also, that some of the digital scrap sites are also now selling the software.

Jill D-Zines
11-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Thank you, 3pointers! I will check it out! I recently bought "Digital Scraproom" (I think that's the name of it) for organizing kits, and what little time I've used it, I love it, but will take a look at this one anyway - thanks for replying! :)
Jill

Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi Jill
We've set up a section in Oscraps for getting started in ACDSee Photo Manager 9 in case you download the trial (which is good for 30 days).
http://www.oscraps.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=39

The reason that I purchased it was because you can create cd's/dvd's of kits & have them out of the computer & still be able to search & view the thumbnails.

We've found that it is very powerful & can handle a lot of info. (as in Gig's). People are enjoying cataloging their collections with it. I will have an article in DST's December newsletter.

JHsizzle
11-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Connie -- I can't WAIT for your newsletter article and have told myself that once it comes out and I can read it, I am going to take the plunge! After spending an hour yesterday trying to find an orange brad within the dozens of kits I have on my desktop, I have decided it's TIME! I am scared to death that I won't be able to do this or will screw it up but am so impressed with all the support I see on the board and it seems that everyone is using it and having good experiences. So I'm going to join in!

Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Janie - I put the link to the forum at Oscraps where we've set up some helps & hints for ACDSee - you'll enjoy it!

JHsizzle
11-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Connie -- with all the ACDSee threads I'm reading and with how happy everyone is with this program, I think I'll be nominating you for some kind of "sainthood" when I'm organized and able to scrap more efficiently! Plus I hate to admit just how much I love to organize things ... it's a sickness -- lol! Thanks so much for all the links and the info ... I can't believe how much time you must put into this, and I want you to know how very much you are appreciated!

simplyred
11-28-2006, 05:35 AM
Janie - I put the link to the forum at Oscraps where we've set up some helps & hints for ACDSee - you'll enjoy it!

Connie, any chance of getting these OScrap forum tips and tricks in .pdf format so that I can save them and print them out? I'm expecting to have a whole day for myself:clap very soon and would like to really get going on my organizing. Having printouts of your (and your sister's) wonderful information would really be a good thing. :)

Heidi@DigiScrapInfo.com
11-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Connie, any chance of getting these OScrap forum tips and tricks in .pdf format so that I can save them and print them out? I'm expecting to have a whole day for myself:clap very soon and would like to really get going on my organizing. Having printouts of your (and your sister's) wonderful information would really be a good thing. :)

That wouldn't be too hard to do. Most of stuff that I am saving is in a document that I can easily turn into a pdf. I am cutting and pasting from that document into the forums. I will post at oscraps where and when they post as pdfs.

Connie@DigiScrapInfo.com
11-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Yep, Ernie - what Heidi said. Isn't she THE BEST?

My sister Heidi has joined me - so we'd have to be the first 'Sainted Sisters' - because we're in this together!

And the Link to the Oscraps forum is now in my siggy watch for your info. there.

simplyred
11-28-2006, 11:14 AM
That wouldn't be too hard to do. Most of stuff that I am saving is in a document that I can easily turn into a pdf. I am cutting and pasting from that document into the forums. I will post at oscraps where and when they post as pdfs.

Yep, Ernie - what Heidi said. Isn't she THE BEST?

My sister Heidi has joined me - so we'd have to be the first 'Sainted Sisters' - because we're in this together!

And the Link to the Oscraps forum is now in my siggy watch for your info. there.

You two sisters are just awesome! I'm so glad you're here for us - we obviously need you!! I'll be looking for the notice of the .pdf files. I've already been checking the Oscraps link in your siggy and will continue to go over there often! Thanks Heidi and Connie.

nina
11-28-2006, 12:14 PM
yay for connie and heidi!
have i told you that i love your tutorials?
give me more of them. go go go!!!!!