PDA

View Full Version : Tarts vs aroma melts...any thoughts?

pennylayne
11-27-2006, 06:20 AM
we were at a friends house yesterday and she had out a "tart burner" and had lit the most yummy holiday smell. I assumed it was a yankee candle tart ( I mean come on doesn't EVERYBODY in the free world read Gina's blog?) so I asked her what she was burning and where she got it. she said ot was an aroma melt from party light.

so whats your opinion...Which lasts longer, and which have the better aromas for your buck? any suggestions? (I am seriously tempted to buy the holiday spice from her, but at $8/box of 4 vs $1.59/tart im not sure which is the better bang for the buck lol.

any thoughts?

bethanyem
11-27-2006, 06:25 AM
I like both. I burn both. If you really like that particular scent, for sure get the aroma melts. I only bought aroma melts once because someone was having a party but I really enjoyed the scents I bought.

mrs2a50
11-27-2006, 06:30 AM
I found the aroma melts to have a very "waxy" smell after a short time - the scent didn't last long at all. I didn't like them, and actually ended up throwing what I had left away - no one else I knew wanted them!

Natalie
11-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Dunno about the aroma melts, but I love my tarts. Plus, I can just drive to the Yankee Candle store a couple miles away; I'd hate to have to order what I wanted from someone and wait for them to arrive.

However, my tarts at the store here are all now $1.79/each; I nearly fainted when I saw my $64 bill from the YC store this weekend... (to be fair, I bought a Christmas-themed electric tart warmer, but the rest of that was all tarts!).

KristinCB
11-27-2006, 06:44 AM
I can't do the tarts because I find them too strong but I get waffle bars and just put in one or two squares and I really like them :)

ToniBerman
11-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Hmmm, I burn both and actually think that the aroma melts are good, but it's even better if you use the "aroma simmers" from partylite! If I am having company on short notice I light that up, and EVERY time they, "What is that, it smells so good!" lol

pennylayne
11-27-2006, 08:32 AM
did ya'll know that bed bath and beyond is having a sale on tart burnner/tart gift set?! $6.99!!! I bought 2! one for me and one for my babysitter.it comes with 3 tarts, 12 votives, and a holiday tart burner (2 dif styles) We dont' have a yc store here, we can get them at linens and things, bed bath and beyond, and hallmark. Good to know about the aroma melts. thanks ladies :)