PDA

View Full Version : Previews for My Documents Folder

ajf9597
11-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Can anyone tell me how to use a kit preview as the preview for a folder in "My Documents"? I am trying to do a folder for each designer and within that folder use the kit preview as the main preview for each kit (hope that makes sense) If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Hom74
11-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Some rename the preview JPG to 'folder.jpg'. Then right-click somewhere in the area of the folder contents (on some white space...not on any of the files) and click on "Customize This Folder". Then you can choose your picture =o)

digimedic
11-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Right click on the folder, left click on properties, left click on customize tab, left click on choose picture and you should then be able to choose what you want to use as a preview. If you can't view the contents, once you're in the folder, change the "view contents" menu to thumbnails.

Hope I understood correctly what you were asking to do. :)

ajf9597
11-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Thank-You :) I got it!

tlccreates
11-27-2006, 11:31 AM
just copy the preview and rename it folder.jpg The rest should work on its own. If not then right click on the folder>properties>customize>return to default

I use to do the folder>properties>customize> then chose a file to use as the image BUT then that image started showing up on random folders throughout my computer. NOT a good thing ! And if you move the folder the icon doesn't always move with it.
If you follow the steps in my first paragraph, the icon will stay with the folder and will never show up on stray folders.

It took a long time to go back and change all of my folders but I am much happier now