PDA

View Full Version : Templates: questions

Florida Cindy
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Templates:
How do I quickly open a large batch of PSD format templates in in PSE 3? Can they be saved in PNG files?
TIA,

Hom74
11-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I have PSCS2 but maybe it'll work for you too. In Windows Explorer...select all the files you want to be opened (Ctrl+Clicking the files or click the 1st file...then hit the SHIFT button down while pressing the last file if all the files are in order). Than I would drag that right into my PSCS2 program that was already open.

suzy
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Yep, that is how I open my files in PSE3.

Cindy, most template designers also include tif files when they design templates - I know I do. The layered tif's are best for people using PSE and PS becuase they are smaller and take less time to open. I havent tried saving them as png's yet, but I dont think it is possible to save layers in png files???

kimlizzy
11-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I don't know about PSE but in PSCS2 I save the individual layers so I can use the template in DIP. Just make all but one layer invisible and then save the visible layer as PNG. I normally just add "layer1, layer2 etc to the filename.) Repeat with each layer.

4noisyboys
11-27-2006, 07:48 PM
I have PSE4, and the tiff files are much better than the psd's because they are smaller. Can I save the psd's into tiff files?