PDA

View Full Version : Floam?

Hollie H (Holliewood Studios)
11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Floam - yes or no?

Also, I swear I saw something like Floam, only it was reusable and doesnt dry out. Anyone know the name?

Thanks!!

lyndarogers
11-27-2006, 04:47 PM
As for floam I would have to say NO! Does not stick on what they said it would and stuck on everything you didn't want it too, and my dd was tired of it in a couple of days since it did not do what the commerical said it would. Don't waste your money.

karah
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
my ds got some of that stuff as a prize for a fundraiser at school (not floam, but the stuff that doesn't dry out). It's terrible - it's basically little balls of styrofoam stuck together with some substance but the little balls will separate and go on everything. And you know how styrofoam clings. LOL. He likes it, but I wouldn't spend money on it.

mmy2vce
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
can you say YUCK!!! My children played with this and it is just a yucky mess!!! I told them they could never have it again and I hoped they had fun with it while they had it.:p

Correen
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
!!!DON'T BUY IT!!! LOL -- DD begged for it and played with it twice. She had fun, but it is kind of gross. I'm a regular old Play-doh person here :-).

I know that Walmart sells two sizes of it now...at least mine does -- a smaller version would be great to "test" it :-).

ladybug*kisses
11-27-2006, 05:20 PM
NO NO NO.....

I bought this last year and within a month or two it turned so gross. It started sticking to everything, we couldn't get it off my daughters hands!

I also read that it grows mold.

rebecca
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
It is caca and the pink turned a nasty color after a couple of weeks. Not to mention it smells nasty!

CindySimon
11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone would mention the smell, lol! That stuff is NASTY...never again!

Sorashell
11-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Funny story about this...

l bought some a few days ago because my daughter had seen the commercial about it and wanted it in the worst way. Me, being the slave to commercializaion picked up a small tub of it at Walgreens when I went in. As she lay napping, I opened the stuff up to see what it was going to be like and omg, I couldn't unstick it from my hands! It was seriously awful. When dd woke up, I gave it to her and told her, "Be careful, this stuff is sticky!" She tried to play with it for all of five minutes before announcing "this stuff is YUCKY! We should definately throw it away before Aiden wakes up!" I was amused but totally cracked up when she said, "Yanno, mama, you never know if the commercials are being big fibbers; like with that moon sand stuff. It took soooo long to get her and it wasn't that good. But you know, it took so long because it was out of this world."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

lovesher2boys (Julie)
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
:lol You gals really don't like it, huh?
I'll agree that the smell is disgusting! But I've never had a problem with it sticking to things it shouldn't and not sticking to things it should. My boys have floamed everything from their bike helmets to baseballs to Hot Wheels.
My Mom even played with them and floamed a flower pot.
So far the only thing it's come off of is the Hot Wheels. But that's because they tired of it and peeled it off! :lol

Julie
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Another great big NO here too! My dgs wanted it so bad, got it for his b-day and played with it all of 5 minutes. Everything bad that's been said about so far is everything that's bad about it LOL. It was just the most awful stuff ever!

BevNPicard
11-27-2006, 06:33 PM
DD couldn't get hers to stick to anything. But, it didn't smell and it never got icky in the months we had it. She just used it to make stuff and then would put it back away. Used it like play-doh.

Moon Sand, oh my gosh! It does stick together really well. My kids couldn't get that stuff out of the molds by themselves. Freddy was flinging the stuff everywhere. Much easier to clean up then real sand but still a mess and a pain. It now has a permanent home on top of my fridge.

Hollie H (Holliewood Studios)
11-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, I guess no floam for Christmas...LOL!! Thanks for helping me save a few bucks!

Leila
11-27-2006, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't buy it either...but I will say this for their customer service (at least their CS 15 years ago, lol!)

When my sister was 8ish (she'll be 23 next month), she and a friend each purchased a package of Floam. When they got it back to our house, it was DRY already--never been opened. So, Rat & Janni sat down and wrote letters to the company and mailed them. Two weeks later, a HUGE box of Floam arrived on our doorstep. They had enough to share with each of their classes at school, lol! :clap

DorisCastle
11-28-2006, 06:17 AM
so glad you asked this question.. I was wondering the same thing!

diannerigdon
11-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Ugh. I bought some floam for a birthday gift at the advice of my dd who wants some bad. I might have some splaining to do lol.

lisabranka
11-28-2006, 07:29 AM
just say no to floam..

*ducks* I kinda like the Moon Sand.. it's fun to play with..though I did send it home with my nephew LOL

pbumbaca
11-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Even my kids think it smells nasty! My 8yo had to have it for his birthday and now he won't touch it! It's going to Goodwill with the rest of the unwanted toys before xmas!

slkone
11-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Ugh. I bought some floam for a birthday gift at the advice of my dd who wants some bad. I might have some splaining to do lol.

LOL, Dianne. I also bought this for a birthday gift a few weeks ago. I think I'll run for cover next time I see that mom!

snappy_scrapper
11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks for this post! My dd was begging me for it and I told her no! I had it in the back of my head for Xmas...but after reading this it's crossed off my list! I didn't think it would be as good as they make it look...I knew it had to be messy!