PDA

View Full Version : ipod video!

bethanyem
11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
My partner just ordered me the new 80 gig for Christmas! (Been wanting a bigger ipod for 2+ years). Had to share, I'm so thrilled. I almost got talked into the new Zune, it looks super cool and is getting great reviews, but I love itunes and don't think you can convert itunes movies, music, podcasts to the Zune. Or if you can it will probably be too complicated for me. The Zune has a much bigger screen. I am hoping the screen on the ipod will be clear. Big enough for me to watch little movies while I do treadmill (no tv reception in basement) without getting a headache. I have the ipod mini and it's chock full. I can't wait for more room. I also heard rumors that Apple was coming out with a full screen ipod but I couldn't wait. Has anyone heard this rumor or have any news? Anyone have the ipod video? Do you love it? Thanks for letting me share my excitement.

bretta
11-27-2006, 07:35 PM
My son has it and loves it. You can watch your ipod videos on a normal tv. Get an a/v cord at Radio Shack...it has the three plugs on one end (red, white and yellow) to connect to your tv or vcr and the other end plugs into the ipod. The trick is to plug the red cable (right audio) into the yellow (video) jack on your tv or vcr. Then plug the yellow cable (left audio) into the red (right audio) jack on the tv or vcr. White cable still goes in white jack as usual. You can then view your videos on normal tv! Only costs about $14 for the cable as opposed to Apple's adapter which costs a LOT more ($100 I think?).

Enjoy!

Kathryn Balint
11-27-2006, 09:47 PM
How exciting! My son has a 60-gig video iPod and I have a 30-gig video iPod on order. I can't wait, either!

bttrflysam
11-27-2006, 10:14 PM
so jealous, i want an ipod sooooo bad, but DBF refuses to get me one and he is really adament that i don't need one. :(

bethanyem
11-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Of course you need one! Everyone needs an ipod! Silly DBF!
Thanks for the heads up about the tv cord, Bretta. Cool!!!
I love my mini. I use it every single day. I listen to music in the car with it, though the car stereo, no changing discs, and listen to audio books at night before I fall asleep. Heaven. Can't wait to get the video. It's going to be so fun. Also fun to show off digital photos or LO too.
Thanks for the responses.

Mar1anneC
11-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Oooh - fun. I've been eyeing those.

Jenna
11-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Video iPod is awesome! I bought it last year for my hubby (30 gig, black) and he loves it... when he gets to use it. Our 3-yo has Spongebob, Dora and just about our entire Disney DVD collection on there. Great for trips and long rides, moms!

nana_vg
11-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Whoa!

Where do you get audio books to load on an iPod?

And how do you record Disney movies or any movie for that matter on an iPod??

I am buying the 30Gig video iPod for my 33-year-old daughter, my 30-year-old son, and my 14-year-old granddaughter. Perhaps I need one, too.

Give me the scoop on what I can do and how I do it so I can slip a hint to the hubby.

Valerie

caridura
11-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I got the 60GB video iPod for Christmas last year. Love it!

You can buy Disney movies from iTunes to put on your iPod. I'm sure you can get your existing movie collection on the iPod somehow, but I don't know how. I think my brother has done that with a few of his movies.

bethanyem
12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh I just saw the question on this thread. itunes has audiobooks now but I subscribe to Audible.com and get to choose a full length audio book each month, I love it. I think it's 14.95 a month. Well worth it to me. Audiobooks in the stores are up to 60 bucks if unabridged. Also, I don't know if this is okay but you can borrow audiobooks from your library and rip them to the computer and then save them on your ipod.

DeeZee
12-06-2006, 01:26 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE audible.com And hubby is getting the 80g too. Everyone has one but me at this point SIGH! (13 yo has a 20g, 6 year old a 2 g nano and 2 year old a shuffle) I'm next, really I am!

Question about watching the ipod movies on the big screen. Is there enough resolution? We don't have an actual tv -- we use a projector so our "screen" is about 8 foot wide. not sure if the ipod movies would look pixel-y at that size??

traci
12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
LOVE my iPod video - it's a 30 gig. It's my other baby ;)

AshleyK
12-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Congrats! I'm totally jealous. I've wanted one for a long time... but just can't justify the expense right now. I want one so I can show off my scrapbook pages...but my husband and I just got a pair of used treos so I think I can do that with it... Then it becomes a business expense! And I'll be able to read DST from anywhere!! :)

Kylie
12-06-2006, 03:31 PM
I bought an ipod 30GB a little while ago, and got an adapter thingy for the car! Sure beats carrying around CD's!

I also dressed it up a little with my first piece of crochet....

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/scallywagclark/cochet.jpg

Everythingt in the layout is JEss Boltons MAKE ME ECLECTIC!

sal4gal
12-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Dh got me one for our anniversary last month. I am just crazy about it. I have subscribed to all of the Photoshop podcasts at iTunes. Some are video and great fun to watch.

You will love it!

Sallie

AshleyK
12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Kylie,

Too dang cute!!

Ashley

emnewberry1964
12-06-2006, 07:43 PM
My 17-y/o DD just got a 30 g video ipod, early x-mas present after the demise of her beloved Dell DJ. She seems to be loving it, and has d/l'd and shown me a couple of Cartoon Network clips, and it was remarkably clear and easy to watch, I was surprised for such a little tiny thing. And yes, I sadly, want one too...even though I never go anyplace!!!

bethanyem
12-06-2006, 07:48 PM
KYLIE! That is the cutest thing ever and the most adorable page about it too. If you ever decide to sell them, please email me, I'd probably buy a bunny, a cat AND a dog!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'm so excited for Christmas.

bretta
12-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Question about watching the ipod movies on the big screen. Is there enough resolution? We don't have an actual tv -- we use a projector so our "screen" is about 8 foot wide. not sure if the ipod movies would look pixel-y at that size??

I have no idea at that size what it would look like, but on my 23" and 28" tvs it always looks just fine. No resolution problems. But then I'm no expert and it's been awhile since we've watched anything as DS's video ipod is on the blink and has to be sent in to apple for repair soon (under warranty, thankfully!). So I can't check it right now and give you a detailed opinion, but we were always pleased with the quality on our small screen tv.

Not much help I'm afraid...

nana_vg
12-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Dh got me one for our anniversary last month. I am just crazy about it. I have subscribed to all of the Photoshop podcasts at iTunes. Some are video and great fun to watch.

You will love it!

Sallie

Please tell me more. Everything I learn sounds like I need one....

Valerie

Kathryn Balint
12-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the tip about audible.com.

I just got my 30 GB video Ipod, and started playing with it last night. It's going to be great.

I got one of those adapters for the car so that I can play it while I'm driving to work.

Scrappylove
12-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I've owned the 60gb video ipod for a year- love it.