PDA

View Full Version : NSBR: How about Moonsand?

Dani~B
11-27-2006, 08:15 PM
saw the thread about Floam.. anyone play with Moonsand???:D

At first it was OK I bought the little sandbox thing but the forms were crazy hard for even me to use, had to wack it with the play hammer to get the junk out to make a castle. Of course ds loved it and will sit and play with it forever.
Don't get me started on what it did to my vacuum though, maybe a good thing because I want a new one anyway but man it really mucked it up.:lol

4PeasInMyPod
11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Yikes! I just bought it for Christmas at Toys R Us for my 6 yr old DD. She has been wanting it since she first saw it on TV. Well, I better make sure she keeps it at the table; glad you posted that little tidbit - but sorry you had to find out what it does to carpet firsthand! Lee

Mozer
11-27-2006, 08:25 PM
My ds loves it--but man it makes a mess! I let him play with it on his table outside--but with winter coming I just might have to make it "disappear" for awhile.;)

4PeasInMyPod
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Oh no, is it that bad?! And is it true that it never dries out? Lee

Mozer
11-27-2006, 08:32 PM
We've had it for awhile and I know my ds doesn't close the bag well and it hasn't dried out---yet. You know it all depends on your kids on how big of a mess it becomes. My ds likes to "drive" his cars through it as well as make towers and then crash things through them.

Alissa Jones
11-27-2006, 09:40 PM
My dd got some for her 7th birthday and she loves it. I haven't played with it, but she seems to get the sand out of the forms ok.

I would stay away from the colors though. It wasn't as easy to get the pink out of the carpet as the white, lol.

pbumbaca
11-28-2006, 04:50 AM
Oh man am I glad I found this! My 8yo has been asking for it! We got the floam for his b-day and he hates it! I am thinking no Moonsand! LOL

ChristyHeins
11-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Toys R Us had a 'sample table' of it around Halloween. My DS and DD loved playing with it but it got all over the place and over them!
I crossed it off of their Christmas lists!

Sorry about your vaccuum!