PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting PS for Christmas? Any tips?

juliebee70
11-28-2006, 12:30 AM
I think I'm getting Photoshop for Christmas-- but I'm a little scared :lol I'm so used to PSE 4.0 that I wonder if I will even like PS! I'd hate to spend the money on it if I'm going to revert to using PSE :blush because I don't understand PS. I am sure I will need some teaching books-- any suggestions? I want to know how to do all the good digiscrap stuff with PS that I'm missing with PSE!

Trina
11-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Oh Julie! Make that jump and never look back, girl! You will LOVE it ;)

When I got PS CS2, I immediately bought several books about learning the program but was completely overwhelmed. I discovered that I was not that kind of a learner but that I needed hands-on.

I HIGHLY recommend Scrapbook Secrets for PS (http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.php?id=1342) by Ro at ScrapGirls. This was THE best $28 I ever spent on tutorials. I know there are free tutorials out there, but I would recommend this set. It includes 30 very short (3 minute or so) videos that you download on your PC and you can watch them at your own pace and rewatch the ones you want. I just can't say enough about them.

Good luck!

cindyi
11-28-2006, 05:18 AM
You will be amazed how much of the functionality is the same between the two programs - just some of the things are in different places.
That being said, I used PSE for a while, then got PSCS2. Now when I open PSE, I am totally frustrated at how much I CAN'T do in it comparitively speaking. You have so much more control, so many more options. You may find you miss the organizer though!

mamakimberly
11-28-2006, 05:56 AM
When I got it, I also got the Adobe Classroom in a Book from the library and just made myself read/do the whole book! Can't say enough good about that series!