PDA

View Full Version : NSBR: Best bath towels?

Scraptures ~ Mona Minnie
11-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Tonight I was folding bath towels and realized how worn some of mine have gotten that were purchased from Walmart - less than a year later. I would rather pay for something that will last awhile.

While on the subject of bargain towels - we made the mistake of buying some from the dollar store and when they get wet the dye just drips from them and everything they come in contact with gets stained. Talk about a mess!

Anyone have a favorite brand or store?

Thanks!

Trina
11-28-2006, 02:20 AM
Tonight I was folding bath towels and realized how worn some of mine have gotten that were from purchased from Walmart - less than a year later. I would rather pay for something that will last awhile.

While on the subject of bargain towels - we made the mistake of buying some from the dollar store and when they get wet the dye just drips from them and everything they come in contact with gets stained. Talk about a mess!

Anyone have a favorite brand or store?

Thanks!

I like the thick oversized ones from JCPenney's. Try this link (http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=21476&CatID=21581&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=0f14f5e&ProdSeq=1&ProdCount=4&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=oversized+towel&RefPage=SearchProducts&CmCatId=SearchResults|SearchProducts|25436&FromBanners=N&S4DeptID=25436&S4PageNum=1&S4PageSize=28&Dep=bed+%2b+bath) right here. Love the wide variety of colors, too.

Natalie
11-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Oh - Costco's towels rock! They are reasonably priced (~$7?), thick and very big.

bellamoxie
11-28-2006, 06:15 AM
I have always gotten my towels at JCPenny's, they have such a good quality selection.

~ b

ccubed
11-28-2006, 06:47 AM
I have JCPenney towels that just don't die and still look good. I usually buy their bath sheets although the new ones have gotten a tad smaller than my older ones. I guess that is the way everything goes these days! I have also have some pretty nice ones from Costco but JCP has a much better color selection and they are frequently on SALE!

robinforman
11-28-2006, 07:05 AM
I absolutely LOVE the Hotel Collection at Macy's. Seriously, these are amazing towels! Every person that has ever stayed at our house long enough to require a towel has commented on these babies... They are a little pricey, but definitely worth every penny!

Scraptures ~ Mona Minnie
11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! The JCPenny towels are on sale for $4.99 and they do have nice colors! I received a few towels from JCPenny for a wedding gift (a long time ago!) that are still in good shape although DH snagged them to wash the car and I haven't seen them since!

wxchic
11-28-2006, 05:27 PM
JCPenney! Wait until January! You find the biggest bargains then!

Kim2002
11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I like the Egyptian cotton line at Eddie Bauer Home. However, since I can't really afford them, I only have ONE and all the rest are the JC Penney Home Collection.

desi
11-28-2006, 06:28 PM
ohh, I needed this thread. I bought some of the nicer towels at target and they are falling apart....

good to know

derricksmom
11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Yep. Love my JC Penney towels. They are big, soft and comfy!!! However, I can't wait until they are broke in. Tired of the little fuzz balls on my bathroom floor - and they've been washed at least 5 times already...