PDA

View Full Version : ISO scrapbooking for kids program

alixwest
04-08-2010, 06:01 AM
My dd (7 1/2) wants to give digital scrapbooking a try, but I'm afraid PSCS3 is a little too much for her. Any suggestions or programs out there geared to help teach younger ones to scrap? Thanks!

christinap
04-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Amy Sumrall has some videos to teach kids to use Photoshop, my 6 yr old has been playing for a while. Lil' Bit's and Berries (http://lilbitsandberries.blogspot.com/)

msbrad
04-08-2010, 06:11 AM
I would say, let her try it. It isn't harder, just different.
She doesn't have to do 'all' the parts of cs3, just a few simple ones to create her pages. I teach elementary school computers grades 1-5. It is amazing what the children are capable of doing.
m

alixwest
04-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Amy Sumrall retired :(

jenbalding
04-08-2010, 06:34 AM
With mine...I opened up a template (that they picked) showed them how to drag papers and elements in and how to clip...and showed them the styles palette. My older DD picked it up much faster than the younger one has...but if you let them practice they'll start figuring it out ;)

ViVaArtistry
04-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Both my daughters learned very early on Photoshop CS3...Isabella was about 6 when I put her in front of it and ok, she still doesn't use all the functions but she has fun with it. Isabella has also used from school an online program called Picnik (picnik.com). When she has class with it, she asks me for my Wacum tablet since she prefers it to a mouse! I have no idea how Picnik works but she says she likes photoshop better!!!

Vivienne

kerryt
04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
You might try Creative Memories scrapbooking software Storybook Creator 3.0. Because it is designed for digital scrapping it might be easier to navigate. There is still a learning curve but there are many tutorials available for free. It also keeps your kits organized and easily available and viewable within the program which is really nice.

Albums to Remember
04-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Both my kids use Memory Mixer (affordable - $35 I think). You can get the lite version (same as regular but it doesn't have as much paper & embellishments but you can add your stuff from your stash for her to use).

I like Memory Mixer because my kids can use it without having to ask a million questions and needing my constant help. Papers, embellishments are just a click away, then they can pick by color. With another click they can bring up a blank page or a page that has the photo spots set out for you. Another click changes layers (brings them forward or back). Double click on the photo opening and it brings up your photo folders and you can quickly choose your photo by clicking on it. Super simple.

My kids (7 and 9 at the time) learned it in under an hour. Daughter has already printed an album and my son is almost done his. Basically you don't have to open seperate files and drag them in, you just click a button and your embellishments come up, you choose then it shows on your page. Digital Photo & Digital Scrapbooking Software MemoryMixer™ (http://www.memorymixer.com) I have no affiliation with them, just a happy customer.

Amy Sumrall
04-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Yep, I am retired, LOL. Sorry! But I did want to ditto Memory Mixer as a great and easy way to get kids scrapping too!

MnMommy2
04-09-2010, 06:35 AM
I started off with this program- very easy!
Lumapix Fotofusion (http://www.lumapix.com/essentials/ess_videos.shtml)

scrapsofcandy
04-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I'll third the MemoryMixer suggestion. :)

Tbog
04-11-2010, 08:09 AM
My 7 yr old uses CS. I just taught her things little by little and wrote cheats down for her to tell her what different things do.