PDA

View Full Version : OM GOSH! I WENT THROUGH MY OLD PAPER PAGES..........

Florida Cindy
07-16-2006, 10:57 AM
OM GOSH! I WENT THROUGH MY OLD PAPER PAGES..........

I TRANSFERRED ALOT OF MY OLD PAPER LAYOUTS TO MY NEW LINEN ALBUMS. AACCKK! SOME OF LAYOUTS ARE HORRENDOUS! EVEN THE WORST QUICK PAGES ARE NO WHERE NEAR SOME OF MY PAPER SCRAPPED PAGED!

THE WORST THING: I AM WONDERING IF I SHOULD RE-DO THE LAYOUTS DIGITALLY BUT AM FEARFUL B/C OF HOW MUCH MONEY I SPENT ON EMBELLISHMENTS! GOOD GOSH, THEY SURE DID SUCKER US (PAPER SCRAPPERS!) INTO SPENDING MONEY! MAYBE I SHOULD'VE SPENT THE $ AT A LOCAL BAR! LOL!

THE BEST THING: I CAN RE-DO THE PAGES DIGITALLY AND THEY WILL LOOK MUCH BETTER!

Liss07
07-16-2006, 11:23 AM
But another good thing is that you have this record of how far along you have come... it's worth keeping because it's still yours, and your family won't care how perfect they are - just that you did them :)

Oh trust me you don't want to see my paper scrapped pages ;) I seriously suck with paper!

shazzt
07-16-2006, 11:32 AM
LOL - I definately don't want to revisit my paper ones!

suvel
07-16-2006, 11:34 AM
LOL! They probably look better than you think they do!

Keely~B
07-16-2006, 11:46 AM
LOL I so know where you are coming from, I feel the same way about some of mine, both digital and paper. I say leave them, even if it's hard to do. You can still re-scrap old photos if you want. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing to have not so great scraps, we are imperfect and the intention doesn't change whether it's a masterpiece or not so much :wink:

Donna Rafferty
07-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I cringe when I look at my early paper pages and I really wish I didn't cut up some of my photos into flowers, hearts and random shapes with those fancy scissors!!

I have rescanned a lot of them and cropped back into squares for digital layouts. But the most important thing is that my boys are older now (16 and 20) and they love to go thru all my albums and see our camping trips, birthday celebrations, vacations to the beach with their cousins and everything else. They could care less if the pages are artistic, or if I have used the latest techniques, and they certainly don't get excited over the purchase of a new paper pack (I do) LOL!

My oldest even showed some of my albums to his girlfriend, they both had so much fun looking, and they wouldn't have done that if the photos were all still in shoebox under my bed!

Lynn G
07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
I didn't do too many pages before I went digital but that didn't stop me spending a FORTUNE on paper and embellishments. Am slowly selling it all off. I will redo my old pages but I won't throw out the albums as I know the kids will love them. The scary thing is they look bad to me now but weren't that much different from the pages in the scrap mags at the time.

mlpieters
07-16-2006, 02:20 PM
i'm with ya, too. it's been my personal evolution. i'm not going to rescrap them tho - it just reminds me that i'm better!