PDA

View Full Version : Corina, I just have to ask...

mlpieters
07-17-2006, 05:45 AM
My curious mind wants to know. I believe all people were created for a purpose and also created by a creator that gives the gift of creation. (I think women get an extra dose!)

Anywho. Do you feel as though you've "found" what you were created to do? Or is this just another slice of your overall pie of who you are?

The reason I ask is that I still remember when you peeked your head into the digital world. From that moment on you have taken off like a rocket and now many us of who were puttering in digi before you look up to you.

Yes, I know this message could be considered as flattering but I was just curious how you felt about your evolution in the field. :lol:

mimsmom
07-17-2006, 07:12 AM
her designs look like she's been doing this for years!!
I bow to her talent!

brittanylyn
07-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Oooh...can't wait to see the answer!

VickiStegall
07-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh! Do tell Corina!!!! Enquiring minds want to know!

possum
07-17-2006, 09:23 AM
I *Think* Miz Corina is having a non computer day today - so we may not hear from her for a little bit .... I'm sure she'll be tickled pink though when she gets to this hehe :)

EdelineMarta
07-17-2006, 09:30 AM
ohh that is why i couldn't get her on pm or hello.. the kit i got from her was corrupted :(

corina
07-17-2006, 09:44 AM
ok this is THE single most hilarious post I have ever read! I SOOOOO don't even consider anything I do in the digital field to be REMOTELY even comparable to all the REALLY talented and amazing designers and layout artists out there (and I am 100% tellin the truth about that... and those that know me, knows that I really think I stink at this... I am always second guessing myself when I go to "make" anything). And posts like this scare the poopoo out of me lol... got me feelin all awkward and stuff like I just joined a new band camp !

I will admit that I catch on to things very fast and have a silly photographic memory, so that helps when learning PS and all, but I know nothing... girls like Misty and Holly have really taught me everything and they are the real designers... I'm just trying to catch up! They are the ones that should get these kind of threads! I'm still under the impression that people are just bein' nice and pretending to like my junk!

So, I guess to answer your question... no, this isn't what I was made for. As corny as it sounds, being next to Mr. Corina and the kids is what I was made for, then comes real estate... if ya think I rock at this digi thing... you ain't seen nothin' compared to skeeels as a Realtor... hehe! I will say though, that I have found an amazing niche here in the digital realm and feel so honored and proud to be a part of such an amazing groups of talented gals.

Wow... I think I need to save this post before my thunder goes away...

forgot to add.... traci is right, technically I ain't supposed to be on this thing... Mr Corina and the babe fell asleep... so Im sneaking in!

mlpieters
07-17-2006, 11:49 AM
I will agree with you that Misty and Holly (and others) ARE really terrific designers. However, I was not there in their beginnings to watch them grow - they are already "there" if you know what I mean.

That's what's been so much fun to watch. Your personal growth in the industry - it's been strong, good and creative from the very first layout. I don't think you should second guess yourself nor feel like the other shoe is going to drop.

It's good to hear you say that being a wife and a mother are your primary calls - - and, I wouldn't be surprised at all at your abilities to sell real estate. Are you planning on going back to that anytime soon? Do the ever forboding rumors of a housing crash concern you?

In the mean time, it looks like your designing and scrapping will fill in those extra edges of the little free time you have. And we will enjoy it, too!

traci
07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
ROFL!!! Peta! You totally tricked Corina! She thought that was me saying she was supposed to be off the computer.

Crap. You could really get me in trouble with this :lol:

brittanylyn
07-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh, Traci and Peta. You make me ROFL, which is sorry sight on a hardwood floor.

And Corina ---> you really do rock. And that's just not me being nice. It's me being HONEST. Love ya girlie!

corina
07-17-2006, 02:20 PM
my apologies for my CT... they are all dorks and cannot be let loose anywhere! :)

It's good to hear you say that being a wife and a mother are your primary calls - - and, I wouldn't be surprised at all at your abilities to sell real estate. Are you planning on going back to that anytime soon? Do the ever forboding rumors of a housing crash concern you?

I actually worked my arse off in 2004-05 and the beginning of 06 to prepare for the baby coming and me NOT working for a few years! I miss it a lot, but still have enough clients that will come back when they need something! As for the crash.... hard to say here in CA. My market has sure dropped, but that just means it turns into a buyers market and I can charge sellers more for my services lol!!! Real estate is beautiful that way!

possum
07-17-2006, 06:28 PM
ROFL!!! Peta! You totally tricked Corina! She thought that was me saying she was supposed to be off the computer.

Crap. You could really get me in trouble with this :lol:

ROFLMAO! - My evil plan is working!!!!! :)

TrishJones
07-18-2006, 05:53 AM
[quote="corina"]
I'm still under the impression that people are just bein' nice and pretending to like my junk!
quote]

uh huh THAT IS SO IT!!!! How did you know we were all just blowin wind up your butt?

LOL

your a duffer girl! TSK TSK

mwahhhhhh n hugz n schtuff