PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Digital Scrapping World?

limabean
07-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know what ever happned to Digital Scrapping World? I was just curious because it was one of the first digi-scrap sites I ever found/used. Then one day - POOF - everything was gone? Without any warning! So all my layouts were there. But I was just curious, DST is my new favorite anyway, next to my own store.

Miriam

mimsmom
07-17-2006, 07:05 AM
I was wondering this the other day, myself :(

Peta (possum) was a moderator there, maybe she'll let us know.

katef
07-17-2006, 07:16 AM
I was wondering that too....

Kate

Andrea C.
07-17-2006, 07:17 AM
It kind of went away once TM decided not to sell her digital products anymore :( I was hoping to see her come back and I'm still waiting for that day! She owned the forum there, it was "sort of" in conjunction with her shoppe. I know forums don't come cheap so I guess you have to do what you can to make life work, kwim?

limabean
07-17-2006, 07:23 AM
I understand but there was NO warning which kinda upset me because I was so loyal. Who is TM?

possum
07-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Umm it went after I had left the team

but in a nut shell - it wasn't supported by the digital community!

There where not many who posted - other then for 'sales'/promos - I know we had lots of hard work trying to get people involved even when I was there.... I know the directory was always a buz with people - but they didn't seem to like the forum/rest of the site for what ever reason. At the time when it was first set up - most sites had the no talking about other designers/sites - or even uploading layouts useing products from other store[I can still remember when TDC was like that!!].... but not long after DSW opened its door - then most sites changed their 'rules' and became less restrictive...

So yeap there you go :) - Lack of support - I'm pretty sure the money it cost for Laura to keep it running was to great - I know she even stopped desinging too... :(

I'm always sad about that - was my first digi home :(

possum
07-17-2006, 07:26 AM
I understand but there was NO warning which kinda upset me because I was so loyal. Who is TM?

TM= Turrtle Mama = Laura - the person who paid the bills :lol:

I think Laura also got a little 'dissapointed' with everything.... understandable :( She had such great plans for the site and it was so great to see the feature designers each month - leart so much about so many designers through there - and the chats and the freebies...

Okay you're makeing me sentamental now ...

limabean
07-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Awww, I'm sorry if I got you thinking back. It was so sad that one day when it flashed across the screen - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED!

Anyway, I remember the owner now - she had a great shop only open for a short time too. She was very good and probably one of the first designers I watched and followed.

Well, anyway I hope we see her again someday. If she ever reads this I thank her!

jomi
07-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Yah, Digital scrapping World was an awesome site to be part of. I met some really nice people there when I was on the Creative Team. I think it was one of the best DT's I was ever on.

Laura started going bach to school to be a webmaster and combined with homeschooling her kids it was all just too much. I loved her design work and hope she'll return to the digi world!!

Keely~B
07-17-2006, 09:20 AM
That's too bad. I'm familiar with Laura's work and had a few interactions with her, she was extremely nice and helpful.