PDA

View Full Version : NSBR- Makeup?

KellyandCo
07-17-2006, 06:09 AM
I rarely get to wear makeup when we go out... and even when I do its just powder, mascara and lipgloss LOL... So I am looking for some new powder/foundation. I have heard GREAT things about the Bare Escentuals (http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?categoryId=B10&brandId=5737&SectionID=B10) line at Sephora. I was wondering if any of you use it and how you like it? If you don't use it and LOVE your make up what is it? Thanks!

Shelly
07-17-2006, 06:12 AM
I use it and I LOVE it!!

butternugsquash
07-17-2006, 06:18 AM
What kind of skin do you have, Kelly?

Andrea C.
07-17-2006, 06:20 AM
I have heard great things about their products. My cousin has always been a VERY girly-girl and she lives by these products!! She keeps telling me to come over and let her put them on me to try, LOL. I'm just not a make-up kinda girl :roll:

KellyandCo
07-17-2006, 06:20 AM
VERY fair skin...it's clear, but since being back in Houston with the humidity I have an occasional break out. I am thinking of going with the one that has SPF in it. I am a redhead ;)

SheScraps
07-17-2006, 06:27 AM
I use this and love it!!! It's so light on your skin...great for sticky humid weather! I just love the Bisque and the Mineral Veil...especially the Bisque. It is the only cover up that I have found that really works. I have a really nasty scar on my neck that is a bright reddish purple and this stuff really helps to tone it down alot!

If you are just wanting to try it before you spend an arm and a leg on it, go hit ebay! That's what I did...I bought a nice little sample pack for like $10!

Julie Johnson
07-17-2006, 06:31 AM
I absolutely LOVE Bare Escentuals...use only their products :)

My day job requires me to be in a manufacturing facility a good bit during the day and these 100+ heat and humidity days in Atlanta are awful for makeup but my makeup looks the same when I come home everyday as it did when I left in the morning :) And, there have been nights when I fell asleep at the computer without washing my face and NO breakouts at all - woohoo!!

I highly highly recommend it!!

Go to their website...I think you can get a really great deal on a starter set.
http://www.bareescentuals.com

Keely~B
07-17-2006, 06:37 AM
I love, love, love my BE!! I bought samples on ebay before I bought full size pots, a great way to play before you spend a lot. I don't think I'll ever wear another foundation. I will say that the brushes make a big difference, a little goes a long way and it lasts a long time. Great stuff, it looks natural and it feels like you aren't wearing makeup. I highly recommend it.

Shawna
07-17-2006, 06:52 AM
I have been wanting to try BE but have no idea what color to get. I have pretty fair skin though. So I'll be checking out ebay for a sampler pack! I don't think we have any actual stores here in my town that sell it where I could go try it out in person.

auntiepea
07-17-2006, 06:56 AM
I wanted to love BE but to me it actually felt like I DID have too much make-up on. No matter how sparingly I used it it felt to me like I had a layer of make-up on my skin. It also made my skin break out within a couple of days and continued to break-out till I switched to something different. I must have unique skin because it seems like everyone else who talks about it raves that it's the best they've ever used.

I'd be tempted to try it again but I found a powder from Beauticontrol that I just love so I figure I best just stick with that. I think it's called wet/dry something and I use it dry with a big fluffy brush. I don't have to use any foundation with it and it just evens out my skin and for me this one really doesn't feel like I have any make-up on at all. Makes my face actually feel softer/smoother. I loved it enough to even blog about it recently. LOL

Kim Mauch
07-17-2006, 07:24 AM
I have used Bare Escentuals for the last several years, but NOT the foundation. I use the eyeshadows, eyeliners, blush, and mineral veil. I have tried the foundation several times, but have never liked it. On my skin, it has a very shiny finish. My pores really show, and it enhances the fine lines around my eyes. I know the foundation works amazingly well for many ladies, but I just don't like it.

triciadoll
07-17-2006, 07:34 AM
I've been waiting for BE to be on QVC. Here's the info:

QVC Show Date and Times:
Tuesday, July 18th

5:00 am - 7:00 am EST
9:00 pm - 11:00 pm EST

Wednesday, July 19th

11:00 am - 2:00 pm EST

Tricia :)

VickiStegall
07-17-2006, 08:11 AM
looking at the avatars of all of you who say you use it - your skin looks amazing! I'm gonna have to check it out!!!

stampnbug
07-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Love it! I am not a "heavy makeup" kind of gal - and I love it because it is very light. I also LOVE their lip gloss - not sticky at all!

~Julie~
07-17-2006, 08:24 AM
I have always wanted to try it too.. I will have to look for it on ebay

Thanks gals

pagebypaige
07-17-2006, 08:28 AM
I may have to take a trip over to Sephora this week. I've been wanting to try BE and since I'm pretty much out of makeup right now this might be a good time to check it out. Especially since I go back to work next week after having 6 weeks off!

juliebee70
07-17-2006, 08:29 AM
I like reading the Cosmetic Cop's reviews on makeup, and I was drawn into BE on QVC... but after reading the reviews, I wavered and haven't bought it yet.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/reviews.asp?bFlag=1&pos=1&selCategory=00&selBrand=172&selRating=00&keys=&button1=Search+Product+Reviews

caridura
07-17-2006, 08:36 AM
I know a ton of people that RAVE about BE. I have been contemplating getting some as well. I'm almost out of my current stash, so I might have to head out to the BE store here.

IOD - Josie
07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
I love bare escentuals. I used to use it, and would still, but i have found that because it's a powder form, it ***can*** sometimes accentuate fine lines, which i am uber sensitive about. So i use a neutrogena visibily even, and mix it half with my neutrogena moisturizer/sunblock. Im happy wiht that, it's nice an sheer. As for the BE, my daughter still uses it and its fabulous. So, i can highly recommend it.
hugs
jos

OliveJuice
07-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Yep! BE fan here for sure! I've used it for 5 years and LOVE it! I've got combination skin (oily and dry at the same time....lovely, eh?!) and it is the best stuff I have found. BUT, I do agree that it settles into lines if you are not careful. My secret weapon against the settling is to use a primer. I love the Smashbox primer. I think that BE has something similar as well....something called skin reverupper or something like that. Anyhow, I absolutely LOVE BE and would recommend it highly.

ekjenkins
07-17-2006, 09:19 AM
There are other mineral makeup companies out there besides BE. Two that I've been using for over a year are http://jlynnecosmetics.com/ and http://www.pureluxecosmetics.com/ Both companies have inexpensive samples so that you try before you buy a lot.

mives121
07-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Another light option is Loreal True Blend line. I have very fair skin also. I'm really likin' it.

Diamante
07-17-2006, 09:23 AM
I too use BE and LOVE it and now I know why I couldn't find it on QVC last time I went to go buy some. LOL...You all got there before me! ;)

Kim_Weiss
07-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Another very happy BE user here. Casper pale skin, very sensitive, this has been the best makeup for me!

Leila
07-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Wow, check out all you BE users!!!! I've been using BE for years now as well, though I recently had to stop using their foundations due to an allergy to one of the ingredients. I now use a mineral foundation from Alima Cosmetics (http://alimacosmetics.com) and love it!! It's got a matte finish, none of that itch making Bismuth Oxychloride and it's much less expensive for the same amount if not more minerals that BE! Kate, Alima's owner, also carries shades lighter than BE's lightest (which I desperately need being that I'm a descendant of Caspar.) as well as true neutrals, something you can only acheive with BE through mixing.

You all should check out the board I post on...Be Beautiful Cafe (http://forums.delphiforums.com/BBCafe/start) on Delphi Forums. It's an amazing forum!!

Shawna
07-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I think I'm going to order the starter kit that's on the BE website, it's only $59.99 plus shipping which seems like a fair price. I checked & there are no stores in Kansas that sell it :(

Now how long does it really last with daily use? I don't go anywhere without my makeup on. I think I saw that they will send refills in 60 days. It looks like such a small container, just wondering if it would last that long.

Leila
07-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Shawna, the starter kits come with 2 shades of foundation in a 2 gram size. That should last about 3-6 months. The larger 9g size has lasted me 12+ months!

Shawna
07-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Shawna, the starter kits come with 2 shades of foundation in a 2 gram size. That should last about 3-6 months. The larger 9g size has lasted me 12+ months!

Thanks Leila, I wasn't finding anywhere on the site where it said what size the containers were, just that you get 2 shades to start with. So that's good to know that the starters will last a few months. And if the large size will last close to a year or more that's even better!

Leila
07-17-2006, 10:24 AM
You're welcome! My husband tends to freak over the price until he sees just how long it lasts. Or maybe he's just freaking out because I have over 150 of BE's eye colors??? :shock: :lol:

designs by krista
07-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I use it ~ LOVE it! I always get it from QVC.

Mar1anneC
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I use it. I have really pale skin and the bisque is just perfect for covering up my red marks.

I went to Ulta and had the lady give me a makeover. That was great because I got to see the colors on me.

KellyandCo
07-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I bought some today!! WOOHOO!! I am wearing it right now ;) Thanks for all the tips, it feels AWESOME on my skin. I only bought the powder today because I had 2 toddlers with me and just wanted to know which shade to get. (fairly light ;) ) But i am going to check QVC also :D

Melanie Colosimo (lemonyr)
07-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I use it and love it! Feels so light. That's what I like the best! We have bad skin in my family and my sister was seeing a dermatologist. She told my sister to use this makeup and her skin has improved dramatically!

pagebypaige
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok that's it!! I have thought about BE all day so I'm going to head out to the store tomorrow to make a purchase!!!

Shawna
07-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I just placed my order on the Bare Minerals website! I can't wait to get it & try it out! I wasn't sure what color to get but I decided on the Medium rather than the Light since I have a bit of a tan now. I'm guessing once my tan fades in the fall I'll have to get a lighter shade.