PDA

View Full Version : {Gas and electric bill...

Deb M
07-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Does anyone want to fess up? Mine was $288 this month and this is without central a/c (which I am getting estimates to install this month, which will probably shoot the bill up even higher).

Jeesh. Seems like all my money goes to gasoline and my electric bill. Imagine all the kits I could have bought with that....

Deb

AmyTeets
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Before we moved we had gas and electric..gas was over 300 and electric around 150! YUCK!!!! Now that we're in an apt with just electric it's never been over 140 :D
Amy

Microferk ~ Miki Ferkul
07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Our gas budget is $211.00, and our electric budget is $192.00
I expect the gas to come down though- I think they WAAAAAY over-estimated it.

maui13
07-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Our gas and electric are combined on the same bill. We pay $289.00 a month on a budget plan, so it is always the same.

Leila
07-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Our electric is $188 this month, gas is only $35.

lcbannon
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok here goes but remember this is because we put in extra insulation when we built and high effiency stuff. This last month electric was 60 and gas 40.. But with the 100+ days we are having that won't happen again for a while.

lovesher2boys (Julie)
07-17-2006, 01:06 PM
My gas bill is fairly low in the summer-right around $30.
My electric bill is higher. I'm on a level pay plan where I pay $105 a month but I usually have a chunk to pay off at the end of the year. It's just nice knowing what to expect from my electric bill every month.
We have all electric in the house, but no a/c.

BeckyO (AlmostMex)
07-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Our electric bill is $48 and gas is $9, but I haven't gotten July's bill yet, and with the hot temps we've had lately, I'm sure it will spike up. Luckily (as far as heating/cooling goes) we have a pretty small 2-BR house with new windows and a new roof, so I think that makes a huge difference. Plus we don't have a basement that we have to cool; no matter how much I'd like to have the extra room, I am grateful for this during these months and Dec/Jan timeframe! :lol:

Carrie Stephens
07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
we are on budget with electric and it is 185 a month and gas was low this month at only 43 dollars.

The gas for the cars though, LOL thats another topic all together. we pay it all on credit card and pay it off at the end of each month so that we can earn points. Most months i dont open it until the last minuite when it just cant wait any longer.

moischka0595 (Laura)
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
You have no a/c Julie?? I can't be reading that right.

We live in gov't housing on base, so we don't have to pay that here. BUT, before when we were in Belgium we did and it was outrageous!! First of all there was no a/c period in the house. But the electric was always around 280 euros a month, and the water was something equally ridiculous. And me being the laundry queen that I am, I used some water! :lol:

There was some sort of weird logic to the way the bills worked over there, but I couldn't even begin to explain it now.

BeckyO (AlmostMex)
07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
No kidding about gas for the cars. To make anyone feel better who saw my low bills for propane gas and electricity, I pay over $250 a month in gas because I drive 80+ miles daily to work. :cry: :shock:

Andrea C.
07-17-2006, 01:28 PM
No kidding about gas for the cars. To make anyone feel better who saw my low bills for propane gas and electricity, I pay over $250 a month in gas because I drive 80+ miles daily to work. :cry: :shock:

I would be happy with $250, ROFL! I spend $400 a month in gas for just my car, my dh doesn't spend nearly that much, maybe $60 a month for him :roll: I drive 140 miles round trip when I work :roll: Our electric (no gas here) is around $100 each month in the summer but gets to about $250 a month in the winter :cry:

lovesher2boys (Julie)
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
You have no a/c Julie?? I can't be reading that right.

Oh yes, you're reading that right Laura! Being this close to the beach, we only get a month out of the year that we really could use an a/c. So we haven't bothered to get a system yet. One of these days we will...

But for now, that's why I'm outside so much with the boys-at least I get a breeze from time to time! When I am inside, I have a fan blowing straight on me.

It's H.O.T. here!

michelle pearson
07-17-2006, 02:45 PM
With a new air conditioner our bill was at its highest... $447.00 and 19.00 for gas, WTF???? I about died, when I saw that. We always keep it on 78 and 80 when we leave..

limabean
07-17-2006, 02:56 PM
HA, I'm an eskimo and usually, on the sneak, turn the central air to 69-70....afraid to see my bill this month. I think I will be out of town that day....

-Miriam

Kim Mauch
07-17-2006, 03:06 PM
New home, very energy effecient, with lots of Energy Star appliances, no air conditioning: Gas and electric combined are right around $100. We have "equal pay" on both utilities. We pay the same amount each month which is averaged according to our use.

Tracey Lee
07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
electric is about $200, gas is about $10. the only thing in this house that uses gas is the furnace.

andyapc
07-17-2006, 04:15 PM
My DH did an *oops* and mistakenly set our swimming pool on sauna overnight the other week (it was 92 degrees in the morning - keep in mind, there was no reason to even heat it as it was about 95 degrees outside).

I'm currently waiting for our next bill. I fully expect to die of shock when I see it. :shock:

styxgirl
07-17-2006, 05:19 PM
[quote="andyapc"]My DH did an *oops* and mistakenly set our swimming pool on sauna overnight the other week (it was 92 degrees in the morning quote]

Ohhhh! Get ready! We did that a few years ago when gas was cheap. I think it cost us an extra $200! It was in October though and it was kinda fun for that last swim of the season! LOL! (Not $200 fun though! ACK!)

Our gas average is $60.00/mo and our Electric average is $180.00/month. (Were on average billing here because our seasonal temps fluctuate so much.

mirranda
07-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Our electric hasn't went over $150 yet this summer. Our gas is around $18.

We have a swamp cooler, but it doesn't do a whole lot of good, and the last couple of weeks its really cooled down in the late afternoon. So we haven't been running it a whole lot. Its the 11:00-3:00 time frame thats killing us. The house is easily 85-89 degrees during that part of the day, and the cooler doesn't help a whole lot.

Our electric in the winter is about $120, and the gas last year was $60 at its lowest and $120 at the highest. We use the wood stove a lot in the winter.

LoLo
07-17-2006, 06:30 PM
we only have electric and our last bill which usually June is the highest month it was the highest bill ever! I am sure it doesnt help that me and the DD are home all day but it was $360 and I am so good with not wasting electricity turning off lights and only doing laundry and such on off peak hours. Anyone wanna trade bills?!?!?!

Oh wait I dont want your bill Michelle :D

Sorashell
07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
My gas bill is fairly low in the summer-right around $30.
My electric bill is higher. I'm on a level pay plan where I pay $105 a month but I usually have a chunk to pay off at the end of the year. It's just nice knowing what to expect from my electric bill every month.
We have all electric in the house, but no a/c.
Man, you HB gals... :roll: Laugh it up now but I'll be laughing when it comes time for parking for the Strawberry Festival! :lol:

So, playdate at your house next weekend, right? :D

Man, I don't even want to tell you how much mine is. 95 degrees, crappy insulation, old french windows all over the place...argh. I'm going to sit in a bucket of ice now and see if I can't save a few bucks. :oops:

Rachel Solenberg
07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
i shouldn't post this... but... our landlord doesn't make us pay our gas and electric bills. they take care of that. no idea why, but still it works for us. my house is nice and cool!

Rae
07-17-2006, 07:09 PM
I just paid my bills and the gas was $42.88 and the electric was $105.81. I don't really want to discuss the car gas since I drive 135 miles round trip Monday - Thursday and at around $3.00/gallon, it gets expensive. Luckily DH only drives 8 miles round trip.

Shawna
07-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Our electric bill last month was $95 and gas was $52. That is pretty low with as much as we've been running the A/C the last few months, but in the winter our electric usually doubles & our gas bill triples.

Marcie Reckinger
07-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Our contract just ended with a electric company and we went from a $300 a month electric bill to a $580 electric bill! Can you imagine how many scrapkits I could buy with that! BTW we have a very large house and we live in Texas...the air is on all the time!

CathyRose
07-17-2006, 08:59 PM
We are all electric. Our "budget" payment is $227. Our power company is raising rates by 70%. I think that is a huge increase!

Scrappylove
07-18-2006, 05:19 AM
Our contract just ended with a electric company and we went from a $300 a month electric bill to a $580 electric bill! Can you imagine how many scrapkits I could buy with that! BTW we have a very large house and we live in Texas...the air is on all the time!

you're scaring me- we're thinking of moving to texas!

I just sold my moey pit house.
It wass so poorly insulated with 9 foot ceilings.
electricity wass 140-200 a month in the summer 100-140 in winter.
gas heat was 200-250 a month in the winter.

we now rent and heat is included- haven't seen an electricity bill yet, but it can't any worst than what i was paying since it's a 2 bedroom apartment.

TrishJones
07-18-2006, 05:35 AM
We pay every 3 months here in Aus - ours varies between 300 and 500 per quater :)

ShabbyPrincess
07-18-2006, 05:58 AM
i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous reading all of these replies - LOL! Our gas bill is usually pretty low...under $100...and our CURRENT electric bill that I just paid was over $800 :shock: :( Just another reason we are moving/building - LOL!