PDA

View Full Version : Wishlists (Revisited)

ditzyscrap
07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
If you use del.icio.us as your wishlist, what is your username? Some items on my wishlist say "saved by 1 other person" and when I click on them I can see what else they have on their wishlist. I think this is THE neatest thing...I've found stuff on other people's lists that I have to add to mine.

So far I've found 3 people, and have added them to my network, and look to see when they've added new stuff to their wishlists. So, if you use it...tell me your username so I can expand my wishlist even further! LOL!

PS. my name is ditzyscrap on del.icio.us

Holly
07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
what is this? never heard of it!!!

traci
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Yes, please expand Bree, because I thought it was spyware when I saw the link on another site :lol:

Emmy
07-17-2006, 01:40 PM
see this thread from last week: http://www.digishoptalk.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2511

Misty Mareda
07-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Is this a shopping enabler's group? Where do I sign up... ROFL

aggietha
07-17-2006, 02:44 PM
my username is aggietha (as always, LOL) :D

ditzyscrap
07-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Basically it's a site that saves your bookmarks and you can "tag" them with different names (for example...I can have a kit bookmarked and tag it with the designer's name and the site name...then if I happen to be shopping at a site, I can click on that site's name and it will bring up everything that I have on my "wishlist" for that site...or if I click on the designer's name, it will bring up all their items from different stores that they sell at that I want). It's THE niftyest thing...ever. The only thing that would make it better was if the links had thumbnails of the image next to them...that would be rocking.

ANYhow...check it out, it's awesome!

Aggie...I'm off to check out your wishlist!

Julie Johnson
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I am so LOVING this site...set it up after the thread last week! Everyone has GOT to try this, it's just so awesome!

Bree - I am juliehoward (I think) that's what shows up on my home page for del.icio.us anyhow LOL

Holly
07-17-2006, 06:13 PM
okay, i'll go try!

Holly
07-17-2006, 06:18 PM
okay, i'm "keggerisdigi" (minus the quotes)

let's see if i can find things I want! LOL

Holly
07-17-2006, 06:21 PM
hmmmm, it hates me!

LOL I am trying to tag some things and it keeps timing out - I use Firefox. WIERD!

Julie Johnson
07-17-2006, 06:30 PM
OK Bree and Holly, I added ya'll to my network :)

ditzyscrap
07-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Holly, that is weird...I use Firefox too and haven't had any problems, even with dialup.

I'm off to add you both to my network! :D

TaniaJPS
07-18-2006, 07:59 AM
I think I used to have this and idn't even understand how it worked. I'll have to go check it out again. With some help from you gals, I think I might just enjoy it!

TaniaJPS
07-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I tried to register and it said my username was taken. Then, I realized - wait that's me!

I haven't figured it out though. It all looks very weird to me. Help me ou with the wishlist part.

OH- And my username is TaniaJPS.

ditzyscrap
07-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Tania...all you have to do is go window shopping. If you've followed their installation instructions, you'll have 2 icons up on your taskbar next to the address bar. When you find something you want to bookmark...hit the icon that looks like a tag that says TAG (lol). A new window will pop up and you can name it, add tags (like designer name, site name, or what it is like paper pack, elements, alpha, brushes, whatever) and press OK. The next time you go to the site (using the icon that is blue/grey squares) everything you have on your "wishlist" (it's really more of a collection of bookmarks than a wishlist, but I use it only for digi stuff I want, so it's a wishlist, lol) will be there, you can sort them by the tags you've assigned, etc. It's WAY cool. :)

AmyK
07-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh, COOL! I wasn't here last week (and do not have the time to get through the 24 pages of new posts since last Saturday!) so I'm excited to learn about this.

I just signed up, with the username a2thek. I will go window shopping to my heart's delight over the next few weeks for sure. :)

rmcabana
07-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh cool!!! I just set this up too. My username is rmcabana. Haven't added anything yet, but I'm sure it will fill up soon.