PDA

View Full Version : PS Clutter

moischka0595 (Laura)
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Tell me I'm not the only one who is like this...

When I'm working on something in PS, of course I pull out all sorts of papers and stuff, since I rarely know exactly what I'm going to actually use. But, once I get on a roll, I have to suddenly stop...close up all the stuff I'm not going to use or that I'm done with. It just drives me crazy to have stuff open or even minimized along the bottom of my workspace. Neurotic or normal? :?

Leila
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Normal! I do the same thing in PSP all the time.

Lauren
07-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I normally keep a My Computer window open to the kit I'm using in thumbnail view, so I can see everything and only have to open the actual file once I want to use it. Because I hate having multiple things open and my laptop is starting to hate me for it too - probably because it knows I'm planning on getting a desktop. :lol:

JeanellePaige
07-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I like leaving it all open so when I am done and I close PS I can watch all of the windows close.... bam bam bam bam! LOL! Like when you win at solitare and all the cards start jumping, it's fun to watch. I am weird, LOL!

Rona
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
normal I'd like to think.....that's the way I am. I close windows though when I've used the paper or element on my page.

TX Mom of 2
07-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Normal. :) At least I like to think so since I do the same thing.

ditzyscrap
07-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh, Jeanelle...that made me giggle...cause I'm sooo the same way! I love watching them all close at the very end, when I close down the program!

What I usually do is open up several files at once by dragging them from their folder (open in another window)...work with those...then drag a few more. Once in a while I go through and shut down the ones I've decided not to use, but most of the time I leave them up and do like Jeanelle said. Heheheh.

mishou
07-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I like leaving it all open so when I am done and I close PS I can watch all of the windows close.... bam bam bam bam! LOL! Like when you win at solitare and all the cards start jumping, it's fun to watch. I am weird, LOL!

That made me laugh out loud!

I think you're normal for hating clutter cuz I do too! Actually I'm kind of lucky cuz I have two monitors so I do what Lauren does with the My Computer window open so I can browse through my thumbnails while creating on the other side. And I can just drag from one side and drop on the other so I don't even have to go through the trouble of opening things. How's that for being lazy!? LOL My second monitor is a really really old piece of crap that doesn't even show true colour because the lights are getting so dim BUT I honestly don't know how I'd live without it! LOL

Darcy Baldwin
07-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't open up a lot. I just have to keep going back to My Digi Folder to look at things to bring over. That way I don't use up too much of my memory and have PS go wonky on me..or get bogged down.

nicunurse
07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm totally the same way! Even if I minimize things, I can't figure out what they are because so little of the file name shows :roll: Although my house is full of clutter (slowly working on that thought :wink: ) I hate my PS desktop to be full of it!

Sulis
07-17-2006, 04:40 PM
I REALLY can't stand to have multiple windows open - so you are not alone :D

lovesher2boys (Julie)
07-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Totally normal, Laura! I can't have too many files open in PS. Drives me crazy!!
I usually open the folder with the preview of the kit so I can scroll through that to pick what I want