PDA

View Full Version : ACK! Blogger

hwdigitalelements
07-17-2006, 05:17 PM
So I go to post an ad on blogger & after I publish it looks all crazy. I look at my template, & half of the code is missing! It just disappeared! Where the heck did it go? I haven't touched that code in weeks.

So.... my question is, who do you use for your blog? I 've heard other bad things about Blogger, so I may just switch instead of redoing my template there.

Barb Speck
07-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Heather I use Freewebs but you have to also use Firefox. You can check out my Home Page. I like that I can link to everything and have a Home Page, Blog Gallery, etc.

http://www.freewebs.com/barbscrapoutsidethebox/

Jennilyn
07-17-2006, 06:51 PM
I use Typepad. Love how I can customize it the way I want! Wish I could have a patterned background though.

angelbq
07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
I just switch from blogger to wordpress. I am using hosting services from livingdot.com, but you can also get it free. It's a little bit different with regards to changing template, but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to use. I am using a standalone application called Zoundry (a WYSIWG-what you see is what you get courtesy of livingdot) which works almost like ms word. I don't need to open the internet browser to post my entries, and no more html to tweak links and stuff in each entry.

Pros of wordpress (as compared to blogger)

1. Can easily add links to sidebar
2. Can archive optionally with categories instead of or in addition to monthly archives
3. Clean designs
4. The possibility to password protect entries
5. You can also add pages, not only posts
6. Easily imports comments and posts from blogger with just a click on the button
7. Lots of themes to pick from
8. No more hang ups where the publishing gets stuck at 0%
9. Much more!

Click on my blog on my siggy to see it in action. Hope that helps :)

jodo
07-17-2006, 08:03 PM
I had problems with blogger too so I am at wordpress. The free one is super easy to use but its not completely customizible. If yu use the template I used though you can add your own header which is nice...

Link in siggy.

aggietha
07-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Another Wordpress User here :D Free like Blogger, categorizable, and cute too!

hwdigitalelements
07-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Thank you everyone so much for your help. I found out that my web host had an app for Word Press already included in it. So, I'm using that so I can just host it on my web site & I can customize it however I want.

So here it is....my new blog
http://www.hwdigitalelements.com/wordpress

Thanks again everyone!