PDA

View Full Version : NSBR - Mac Users I need troubleshooting help...

Julie Johnson
07-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I have the weirdest thing going on with my iMac...whenever I click on an icon or menu item in a program I get a black box around the item I clicked on and it stays there until I click on something else AND I CANNOT get the darn thing to STOP talking to me, it repeats every stinking key stroke to me so I have had to put it on mute (no listening to tunes while I work).

Also, when I go to shut down I have 2 Restart, Shut Down and Log Out options in the menu!!! I have shut down several times and when I turn it back on I immediately have 2 options of the stuff again.

Anyone have any idea with this is about? I am all up to date on software updates and I ran Disk Utility and repaired a few things but nothing makes this go away :cry: and I really don't want to lug it into the apple store...

brittanylyn
07-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I was really hoping I would be of some use....but I feel like a clueless Mac user half of the time I'm actually on my laptop. :? Hope you come to a solution soon! Computer problems are the WORST when all you really want to do is scrapbook in peace. :wink:

CindySimon
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm with Brittany. If it can't be fixed with "Shut Down --> Restart" then I holler "Honeeeeey!!!" Sounds frustrating though, hope you find the solution.

dynalady2000
07-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I never had anything like that happen, so I don't know. But here is the link to a Yahoo Mac Users Group. They should be able to help you.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MacUserGroup

hwdigitalelements
07-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Every time I have a problem with my Mac, I go to http://www.macosx.com/forums/ it's a free forum. I usually get an answer within the hour. And the answer always works. HTH!

Julie Johnson
07-18-2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks girls...I am checking out the forums you suggested right now :)

Pachimac
07-18-2006, 07:22 AM
I have the weirdest thing going on with my iMac...whenever I click on an icon or menu item in a program I get a black box around the item I clicked on and it stays there until I click on something else AND I CANNOT get the darn thing to STOP talking to me, it repeats every stinking key stroke to me so I have had to put it on mute (no listening to tunes while I work).

This one is a simple preference, I think. Go to your apple menu --> system preferences -->speech -->spoken user interface tab.

Under talking alerts or other spoken items, make sure that nothing is checked. HTH