PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbook Shortcuts with Quizzes & Questions - GREAT!

bttrflygrl
07-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I just bought this and LOVE it!! I actually have a pretty easy time journaling, but I've been struggling with page ideas for an all-about-me album. This book gave me TONS of ideas. And not just for aam albums. The lists of questions can be used in all different ways. The LO's in there are great, but to be honest I so enjoyed reading through the questions and jotting down page ideas (I'm still not finished), I barely had a chance to check out the scrap talent - yet. :)

BTW - I bought mine in a moment of desparation at Borders, but you can pick this up at www.ideabooks4u.com - shipping is LIGHTNING fast!!!!

Chey
07-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm so happy you're saying that, 'cause I just ordered it. :D

DawnWilson
07-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I got mine this weekend at Barnes & Noble. I LOVE it, too!! The little quizzes are great! I like how they did them in Q&A format, list format and paragraph format! So many different page ideas. Must have!!

Julie Johnson
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
I got it this weekend at the bookstore and just love it! Lots of great ideas for journalling and layout ideas too!

GinaMiller
07-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Yay - mine came today!

I ordered my copy I believe Sat afternoon from Idea Books, Maybe Friday. But either way, I was completely shocked to see it on my door step this afternoon!!!

Gonna go to bed and start reading it in a bit... ;)

CathyRose
07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Okay, I guess I will be at Barnes and Nobles this week. I want to look at it first! I could use some new ideas for pages!

Lifelace
07-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Ooo I so want it!

Mel

jencaputo
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
ordered it today from katie!

~Margie~
07-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks, good to know!!

Anna
07-17-2006, 10:05 PM
I picked up a copy this weekend at my Target and am loving it! Some really good ideas I can't wait to use.

A

rmcabana
07-17-2006, 10:47 PM
I just got it this weekend too. Looks like a lot of great ideas!

ethansmom
07-17-2006, 11:46 PM
It figures. I was doing SOOO well on my idea book boycott. Well, not really a boycott, I just can't think of the word. I have such a HUGE stack that I need to go through already that I am trying to not buy any new ones.
Now here is this book, and I have heard good things about Ali's 2nd book. I guess I'll be on the lookout for both. I wish I could order them sight unseen, but I just can't do it. Even with a thousand recommendations, for some reason I still have to thumb through it myself.

Carrie

bttrflygrl
07-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Carrie - I'm totally with you on the idea book boycott. I'm really not being an enabler when I say that this book should definitely be an exception. It's much more about scrapbook "content" than composition, doo-dads, techniques, etc.

BTW - Despite my boycott, I also bought Ali's latest book only b/c it is about pattern paper, which is a huge scrap stumbling block for me. So far I don't regret that either - it's terrific.

So... while most of my idea books are more "eye-candy" for me, these two books will actually help me in my day-to-day scrapping so I consider them practical purchases.

Kathy Moore
07-18-2006, 06:36 AM
I so agree! I got it last night and it has some fabulous ideas in it...really, really great stuff!

TaniaJPS
07-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Got mine yesterday and already have pinned down my elusive husband for an awesome interview and my son, River who was more than happy to oblige! I ordered it with Freestyle and a Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking with Patterned Paper. I'm so glad I "threw" it in my shopping cart along with my oher two purchases. I got it from IdeaBook4U on Saturday and am *still* waiting for my order from Amazon.com, that was placed at the same time on the same day!

KellyandCo
07-18-2006, 06:51 AM
I have had mine for a few days but haven't gotten to read it yet...thanks for reminding me! I gotta run upstairs and get it!!!

scrappinsweetie
07-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I guess i better make a mad run to the bookstore and see if they have it! it sounds like it is a definate must-have book!

KimCrothers
07-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Oh...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this special issue!

I have the toughest time scrapping "posed shots"...which I LOVE to take..Lol..these quizzes/questions are seriously the perfect way to incorporate journaling into thepages with the "posed" photos! I'll be using this one for YEARS! Hopefully they'll come out with a part 2....:)

And did you notice who's layout is on the backcover? :)

TaniaJPS
07-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Oh...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this special issue!

I have the toughest time scrapping "posed shots"...which I LOVE to take..Lol..these quizzes/questions are seriously the perfect way to incorporate journaling into thepages with the "posed" photos! I'll be using this one for YEARS! Hopefully they'll come out with a part 2....:)

And did you notice who's layout is on the backcover? :)

YOURS!!! YAY Kim! I'm looking at it right now! Wild Goose Chase! CUTE stuff!