PDA

View Full Version : Direct me please...

Stacey1972
07-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Can anyone recommend a tutorial? I'm having problems with resizing and cropping "backgrounds". I thought I had the hang of it, but I am having problems tonight.

Is there a good book that I could buy to reference things like this?

Thanks!

possum
07-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Stacey - what program are you useing?? Can't really help out any unless we know what program :)

if it's photoshop cs - give me a little more detail on what it is exaclty you're trying to do and I might be able to walk you through :)

Stacey1972
07-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi Possum,

Oh yes, the program would be helpful! I was up LATE last night, so I guess I wasnt thinking. I'm using Photoshop 7. There are a few issues that I'm having.

First, in addition to creating layouts, I'm trying to make cards. In 5x7 and 4x5. I cant figure out how to get my 12x12 pattern to keep its integrity and get it down to the right size at the same time. Essentially if I resize, it bunches the 12x12 into a 5x7, but messes up the pattern of the paper.

I also would like to learn how to add in just a "strip" or a "circle" of pattern paper onto a layout in the size that I want. I cant find a tutorial for that.

THANK YOU so much....
:)

Liss07
07-18-2006, 08:05 AM
I use PS7 so maybe I can be of some kind of help... Firstly your 12x12 will bunch up with you resize it to a rectangle shape because it's square ;) What you could do is resize to 7x7 and then create a new file at 5x7 and drag the paper in. That should work ok for you :D (there are other ways - I'm jsut trying not to confuse you hehe).

Have you used the selector tool in the top left corner of your tools menu? that will allow you to select just a strip of paper, then you go to EDIT - COPY and then PASTE it onto wherever you want it - or you can use the pointy arrow (move tool) and drag your selection onto where you would like it.

To get a circle you go to the selector tool again (that top left hand tool) and RIGHT click on it, which brings up a sub menu, there you will see the elliptical tool. To use the elliptical tool to get a perfect circle you hold down shift whilst dragging your mouse.

EDITED TO ADD: To resize any of these selections simply go to EDIT - FREE TRANSFORM and use that :D

HTH!