PDA

View Full Version : NSBR-I love EBAY!

~Julie~
07-18-2006, 11:17 AM
I just listed a few things of my daughters that she outgrew and I have bids on two of the things which means extra money for me!!! YAY

Now if only I would get off of here and list the other stuff I have in her room I would have even more money :lol:

Sunshine06
07-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Congrats!

Me too - I've been slowly getting rid of so much stuff on eBay. Especially old CD's - it's amazing how much some of them go for.

lcbannon
07-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I have not sold anything there yet, DH keeps nagging me to.

Is it hard and is it really worth it??

~Julie~
07-18-2006, 12:12 PM
it is so easy... We have sold some stuff that we made a good penny on . If it is just sitting in your house and you aren't doing anything with it then it is a good idea to sell.. If you think you are going to make a fortune then you will get dissappointed.. unless you find that magic thing to sell. But Im just looking to make a few extra bucks and get rid of stuff just laying around

Lauren
07-18-2006, 12:18 PM
It's not hard, the selling screens are well designed and step you through the process. But worth it? Well, depends what you want to sell. We use it a lot to get rid of old stuff and some of it goes for SO little money (particularly if it only gets one bid) that it barely covers the eBay and Paypal fees. So, it's gotten it out of the house, but I'm no better off than if I'd just thrown it away.

I have had some stuff go for more than I paid for it (namely the 50mm 1.8 lens) which is nice. Rare though, unless you got a good price on a collector's item or have things (like the lens) that are in demand at the moment, so people are willing to pay a premium for them.

Davita
07-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I have to get busy and do this. I have a ton of my dd's outgrown Gymboree stuff to list. I would rather list things like that on ebay because you can get quite a bit of your money out of them. Our local consignment store gives you next to nothing. I have also done well with photography equipment.
Davita

Sunshine06
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't think it's hard, but it is time consuming! So, if it's worth it depends on how much you get! :lol: I've had a couple of huge surprise sales (a book I bought at a tag sale for $2 sold for $115!!!), which to my mind more than makes up for the stuff that doesn't do as well. Plus, it's getting rid of clutter in my house, which I'm all about these days.

LoLo
07-18-2006, 01:21 PM
LOL this was my addiction before digital scrapbooking I made a lot selling old cell phones, old pc ram, and old designer handbags so I can buy new ones =). I still have a ton to sell but scrapping has gotten in the way heehee. It would be a good thing if I could find time and balance for both. Me personally I buy lots of new clothing with tags for my DD but I don't think I'd buy the used stuff too many horror stories I have heard. I don't know if you get much for it either. Collectable and designer stuff always does good.

Maisie
07-18-2006, 01:59 PM
I have a ton of rubber stamps to list...I just keep putting it off.