PDA

View Full Version : Anyone printed on canvas?

crazymomof7
07-18-2006, 01:06 PM
I am thinking it would be reallly cool to do some of my own printed canvases...they sell this paper. Has anyone used it...and what did you do
with it? Strech it out on (or wrap it around) wood? Any examples or advice on this would be helpful! Thanks!
Tiff

wyowomanKristin
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
i have printed photos on "scrapper's canvas" by Creative Imagination for inkjet printers.
Love the texture. I haven't done anything other than scrapped them in paper, though. I cut the edges for one with Fiskars deckle scissors - it didn;t really cut -- more like tore, but it was a neat frayed edge for the page I was making.

I can see how it would be COOL to print a digi layout on it for display! Is there a bigger size than 8 1/2 by 11? hmm...

SteinwaysMom/DebraTope
07-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I've printed on fabric sheets but that's not the same as glicee (sp?) - fabric sheets are for making pillows and stuff, which is also a fun area to get into.

digiadict
07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I haven't - but I just saw recently on Dani Mogstad's blog how she had printed onto a photo transfer sheet and then ironed her design onto a canvas - I thought that was an awesome idea! :D

AmyTeets
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Nope but I've altered some canvas :D Let us know if you figure it out!

LemonaideLinda
07-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Yep, lucked out and caught a coupon deal at Staples 16 x 20 for under $50. I've printed there before and the girls behind the counter know me, so that helped when they "found" me a couple more coupons. But that was a while back and no coupons since :(

Marcie Reckinger
07-18-2006, 05:37 PM
nope but what a great idea! Put that on my list of "wanna try"!

alb52
07-18-2006, 06:33 PM
i haven't but have def been intrigued...

kim crothers posted one she did on her blog (http://kimcrothers.com/) in the "My Space Before and After" post...

scrappinsweetie
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
I have printed on the stuff from Creative Imaginations. I stapled it to a stretcher frame. It worked pretty good, but I also did one of the iron on canvas' that someone mentioned at Dani's site. That is my favorite way :)