PDA

View Full Version : Need New Camera

aquamama
07-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Does anyone have a recomendation for a New Point and Shoot that will still be good for enlargments? I'm getting overwhelmed here, and need help!!

Mnchknbrat1982
07-18-2006, 04:53 PM
my point and shoot is a kodak dx7590 and it is great!

Hollie
07-18-2006, 05:23 PM
I've been looking at getting a "purse cam" so I will have one with me ALL the time and I think I am going to go with the Canon A700. I will have to check again though since that was a few months ago when I last looked and I know more new stuff will be out soon (or now). But the A700 looked really good to me. Just my opinion, though, based on what is important to me in a cam. Soooooo, it might not be ideal for you, but you can check out www.dcresource.com and there are user friendly reviews and a "buyers guide" done by price range. Hopefully you'll find something you like.

If you can find the cam you want at Costco, I HIGHLY recommend buying it there, since they have a no hassle return policy. DON'T go to one of the big box electronic stores b/c they will charge you a "restocking fee" to return it unless it is defective.

ETA--just checked the DCResource site (which I haven't been to in a while) and I think I also might check out the Fuji F30. I remember the F10 was a big breakthrough cam but had a few quirks I didn't like. Maybe this one is the charm. It's on the buyers guide recommendation list.

Emmy
07-18-2006, 05:50 PM
My dh just bought me one for my birthday. My primary camera is a canon 20d slr and it's too big to take some places. We also worry about damage / breakage some places.

Anyway, my new "purse" camera is a super tiny pocket sized Canon Powershot sd700 IS digital elph. It's 6.0 MP and takes great pics, I really love it.

aquamama
07-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't know why I'm making this decision so hard. It's probably because I want camera that's as good as a slr, but fits in my purse. Thanks for your imput. Maybe I'll go to Costco tomorrow and see what they have hanging around!

Hollie
07-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Amen--a dSLR in purse size! Haven't found it yet :( But that Fuji F30 is looking pretty good (decent prints at ISO 800--or at least that's what the review says.) Don't know about much else as I only skimmed the review-LOL! I still have a couple of months to decide. Let us know if you choose one :)