PDA

View Full Version : Scrapsimple template layout

Rhoda Jayne
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Scrapgirls have neat templates for scrapping too. I made a layout using one of their templates & a freebie kit from the July newsletter from Scrapbook-Elements.
http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4847&cat=500

Betsy
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
So pretty!

HeidiD
07-18-2006, 07:59 PM
I love their templates! They are so fun and versatile and easy to use. :)

jencaputo
07-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Yup - they are great!!!! Love em and her pricing is right on. not to low to undervalue her work but not too hight to make them unaffordable. Woohoo, love these!!!!

ROCHADMR
07-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I am also a fan of the templates from Scrapgirls. I have purchased most of them and use them with PSP-X.

I love the idea of templates or sketches. I suck at designing layouts and sometimes the quick pages or "ploppers" are not to my taste. What I see in my mind's eye is not what shows up on screen.

Templates or sketches give me a jumping off point. From there, it's sink or swim, but at least it gives me a platform. I can use any paper, texture or embelishment I choose and the layout is balanced and eye-catching.

designs by krista
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I love them too ~ Actually I think I check every day for new ones :oops:

LauraKaye
07-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Wow! I didn't realize that so many folks were creating these templates! I think they are a great idea for people that are time challenged or feeling creatively challenged - especially when those big projects roll around.

My mom has been begging me to create an album of memories of my Dad and I have been meaning to do it thinking that I would use the Scrapgirl templates to speed things up a bit.

I've also been making templates out of some of my layouts to share with a couple of friends of mine who are just starting to learn digital scrapping. If I can get some extra time next weekend, I'll get some of them posted over in the Freebies area.

sphmaz
07-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I have a few of their templates also. I just don't have it in me to design a lo....when I try it just doesn't come out looking as planned. Templates have a been a HUGE help for me. :)

designs by krista
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Michelle Coleman has some great ones at ScrapArtist and just recently I discovered a bunch of fun ones at Digital Scrapbook Place.

Sometimes I feel lame using templates ~ but I seem to struggle with every page I do. I realized I was avoiding scrapping ~ when I discovered these templates it gave me a whole new lease on scrapping. At least using a template you get to use the papers and stuff that you want, where a quick page you just put your picture on it.

Crecia
07-19-2006, 04:48 PM
I sometimes feel like I'm cheating when I use them. But when I'm done and love my page I get over it pretty quick! LOL

Lucrecia

LauraKaye
07-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't think it should feel like cheating. If I used one for a layout, I would credit the person that created the template, but beyond that just be happy to get the layouts done. Isn't it better to create pages that your family can enjoy than to worry about "cheating"?