PDA

View Full Version : Can someone PLEASE tell me....

KirstyB
07-19-2006, 05:21 AM
...the name of the (relatively new) software that came out to help you store and sort your digital files?? It's not expensive if I remember correctly (maybe around $20). I REALLY need to do something with all of the stuff I have...I can't ever remember what is where and it would be nice if this program lets you search for things. If any of you have it...how would you rate it?? Worth buying??

scrappinsweetie
07-19-2006, 05:22 AM
It is digital scraproom. I don't know much about it, but I will after Aug. 1 when i buy it :) I have heard great things about it!

Sulis
07-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Yes, it is Digital Scraproom. I have heard good things about this. Amy Edwards of ScrapbookBytes did a review of it here:

http://scrapbook-bytes.com/chat/showthread.php?p=185472#post185472

I'm thinking of buying it to check it out as it is quite inexpensive.

Keely~B
07-19-2006, 06:17 AM
It's a great program, you definitely get your moneys worth. I just wish someone would do all the sorting for me LOL

KirstyB
07-19-2006, 06:27 AM
OK...so for those of you who do use it...do I have to go in a rename all of my stuff so that it says designer name, elemnt, color (just an example)?? I don't really have any great way of organizing things right now. Each designer has their own folder on my F drive under Digital Scraps and then their kits are all grouped in there. Is there a better way to do it??

m1218p
07-19-2006, 06:51 AM
I am working on this, very slowly, now. My stuff is organized on my EHD much like yours--by designer and kit. But the problem comes when you've spent an hour looking for that black zig zag stitching you KNOW you have and you can't find it and when you try to recolor some other stitching it looks disgusting. I have been tagging my stuff within each kit, item by item. Stitching is a tag, "tag" is a tag, Ribbons and solid papers are tagged by color, patterned paper by the type of pattern (dots, florals, plaids, etc), "Flowers and floral elements" is a tag, and so on. When I want a row of black stitching now, I can find it in seconds instead of being unsuccessful after an hour. What a help it is! Marci