PDA

View Full Version : Blog Banner Question

gingersnaps
07-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm trying to make a new banner for my blog, and the dimensions of my last one was 800 by 140 pixels. I'm having a problem once I drop my pics and stuff on, they turn totally blurry and ugly looking - does anyone know why this is happening? And what dpi it should be at? This is only my second banner - i'm pretty rusty!!! Thanks in advance ladies!

mives121
07-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Did you check to make sure the photos you're dropping on the banner are the same ppi as the canvas? I usually use a resolution of 72 ppi for Web stuff like banners. I hope this helps you out.

Mechelle C
07-19-2006, 12:19 PM
I use 72 DPI banners ~ This is so that they don't waste alot of space on your website/blog. What I do is create a 8oo x (?) whatever height you want
Then I add the background. Then I open the photo that I want to use and resize it so that it will fit in the banner ~ Make sure when you are resizing your photos that you resize properly~ if you pixel resize they will look horrible... I don't know what program you use but I use PSP and they give me an option to resize by Smart Size, Bicubic, Pixel, Bilinear, and weighted Average. I use Smart Size all the time but Bicubic does a decent job as well.
Hope this helps a little.
((Hugs)) Mechelle