PDA

View Full Version : Alphas - Has anyone purchased, and had individual letters...

Stacey1972
07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Has anyone purchased a set of Alphas, and had individual letters missing? Do you write to the site you purchased from? Its happened to me with two sets I've bought!

diannerigdon
07-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh sure just let them know. Making alphas is rather tedious and I am sure they will be mortified to realize they've missed a couple of letters and will be quick to rectify the situation!

Kim2002
07-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I would definitely write to the store where you purchased it. Not only will the designer appreciate being able to fix the error quickly, but it will save future customers from having the same problem. :D

KimChristensen
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah definitely write them! We're all human and sometimes despite all our checking something slips by.

mrs2a50
07-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Yup. I've actually had that happen more than once. Depending on the circumstance I've e-mailed either the designer or the shop, and every time they've gotten the new one out almost immediately.

KimChristensen
07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah unfortunately I was one of Julie's poor victims HAHAHA

Marcie Reckinger
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes I would write the store/designer.

Shawna
07-19-2006, 04:33 PM
I've had this happen before, but it wasn't because the designer forgot the letter. For some reason one letter in the zip file was corrupted so I actually got an error message as I unzipped. I think I've just redownloaded the file & one time that fixed the problem, another time I actually had to email the site for a new file to be sent.

CindySimon
07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh boy, do I know that problem. Making alphas can be a little tedious, and occasionally I type "png" at the end of the name but forget to actually change it from a psd to a png file. Just did that with two characters in the NDISB July mega kit (it's fixed now). Believe me, the designer will thank you for writing and giving her the chance to rectify the mistake.

Christine Smith
07-19-2006, 04:59 PM
I know there was one missing from one of my kits -- but I didn't find out until someone told me -- I was glad she did~ She just grabbed my e-mail from the TOU included in the download

Lauren Grier
07-19-2006, 07:35 PM
definitly ditto what the other's have said :) I go through my alphas about 50 times to make sure I haven't missed one :lol: Believe me there's been quite a few times that I had to go back and fix it. Alphas are a pain :lol:

VickiStegall
07-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Yep, yep, I've done this too. Boy was I thankful to the member for letting me know!!! Absolutely embarassing! So, yes, do tell :)

mrs2a50
07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah unfortunately I was one of Julie's poor victims HAHAHA

LOL Kim! Lay off the pain meds, why don't you? :)

*AmyLyn*
07-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I had it happen once. I just emailed the designer and she sent me the missing one right away. I am assuming she probably also fixed the zip file too.. :)

TaniaJPS
07-19-2006, 09:49 PM
YES! Please tell the designer. I just got done making a set of Freestyle Alphas a few minutes ago. It's getting late and I've been working on them all day. I would be so embarrassed if an alpha was missing and would DEFINITELY want to know.

Hope you get your alphas soon!

Ams
07-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Ditto!! i was working on a collab kit with someone and I forgot the number five. i actually hac made it just not saved itin the right format. LOL!! Luckily the other designer caught it before we zipped it. please email them. :)

IOD - Josie
07-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Totally! LOL, one time, i was about to finish one up when i noticed that the p was missing! When i do an alpha, i open a textbox the size of the whole canvas, and do the whole alphabet on one layer. Well, when i was trying to bump a letter (or force it)to the next line to make them fit properly, it deleted a character, and i didnt notice until i had cut the selection and made the alpha and all that. doh! Fortunately i found it before i uploaded. But, i will always say my ABC's before i finish a kit from now on, hee hee.

TrishJones
07-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Oh yeah know that feeling - let em know :)

Karen Bowers
07-20-2006, 07:43 AM
i just did that with a designer last week or the week before. not only was she grateful, she got me the corrected set within 2 hours, and i got an email from the site store the next day to let all customers know who'd already purchased the kit that the designer had made some improvements to the alpha.

strangejen
07-20-2006, 08:39 AM
I think you'll find overwhelmingly that designers WANT to hear from you about problems you have with their stuff. Most of them are quick to try to fix the problem and to help you out. It makes SO much more sense to always contact them directly with problems -- sometimes people will get on a board and complain about a designer without ever telling the designer about the problem and giving them a chance to fix it first! That always makes me sad. I think at this point, this community knows better, though, and most people will give designers the benefit of the doubt.

jen

MikeWozowski
07-20-2006, 01:02 PM
you would think that every designer would want to know and correct it as quickly as possible. but ... i had a problem like this with a designer once and even after a few emails back and forth, never did get a replacement letter. i ended up being able to make a replacement out of one of the other letters, but it kind of ticked me off.

SMMann
07-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Yes, definitely let the designer and or store owner know. We have had it happen a couple of times at our store and the designers are always very eager to correct it for the customers. Mistakes happen to everyone sometimes.