PDA

View Full Version : heeeeeelp please :) (blog related)

lisarose
07-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I figure if anyone knows it will be someone here cos you are all so smart (yep, sucking up big time! LOL)

Is there anyway I can set blogger up so it emails me when someone comments on a post??

I know it can be done, but can you do it with Blogger?? ANy takers?!? I'll be eternally grateful!!!! :P

TaniaJPS
07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
YEP. SUPER EASY.

Go to blogger. Log in. Go to Change Settings. Go to Comments Link. Scroll down to "Comment Notification Address". Type in your email addy. Click "Save Settings". Republish your blog. DONE.

Go to it! :)

AmyK
07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Yep, it can be done! And it's easy-peasy too!

On your Blogger Dashboard, go to Settings > Comments. The very last field should be "Comment Notification Address" - just fill in your email and you're all set.

Hope that helps!

AmyK
07-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Oops, Tania beat me to it! :P

DebF
07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
easy peasy Lisa 8)

right at the bottom of the page is a space for you to type in a COMMENT NOTIFICATION ADDRESS (it says "We will email you at this address when someone leaves a comment on your blog.")

save settings, and you should start getting that email notice when someone leaves a comment

:D

TaniaJPS
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I win! I win! ;) ;) ;)

See all the people that are willing to help out here? Awesome!

lisarose
07-19-2006, 10:12 PM
ROTFL Too funny!!!! :lol:

Thanks HEAPS you guys are just the best!!!!!!

ahhh and it sooooo simple too.. thats what i like to hear :)

Thanks again!!!!!

lisarose
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
All done :) Thanks soooo much :)

NOW... anyone wanna be the first to comment to see if it works??!!! Any takers??????? :lol: :P

Marcie Reckinger
07-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Great question-I too learned something! thanks ladies!

Shelly
07-20-2006, 06:26 AM
I have another question pertaining to this...how can I set it so that I can reply back to the comments through my email?? I know this can be done, but I can't figure out how.

TIA!!