PDA

View Full Version : NSBR: F Y I

Tara18
07-20-2006, 06:10 AM
ok just a little FYI----

even if you are very tan on your legs, arms and chest, do not think that you can go to the tanning bed for 20 mins. :oops: you WILL not be able to sit down or wear a bra!

:shock:

:lol:

Sincerely,
The red hot bum girl!

Tara18
07-20-2006, 06:23 AM
ok please tell me i am not the only one who has done this???

JeanellePaige
07-20-2006, 06:49 AM
I don't go tanning or sit in the sun. My dad has skin cancer and I have the same skin type as him so I will always be not tanned. :) Sorry you got burned!

IOD - Josie
07-20-2006, 06:54 AM
OH, ouchie. I'm sorry for your little red bum. :oops:

mrs2a50
07-20-2006, 07:26 AM
I have done it before, but not because I went for 20. I normally start out at 10, go twice at 10, then twice at 12, twice at 14, etc., etc., At some point in the equation, I jumped up to the next increment too quick. And yeah, it stinks. The one and only time I've burned in the beds. I actually do manage to get up to 20 with no problem eventually though.

Hom74
07-20-2006, 08:03 AM
I never used a tanning bed - but wow...it can happen that quick? I don't really tan...I'm just pale and sometimes even w/sunblock I just burn :(

~Julie~
07-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Ouchie!! Im sorry

Tara18
07-20-2006, 08:24 AM
i usually tan pretty fast, so i am hoping once this burn settles down a lil bit that i will be ok lol. no tanning bed for me tonight tho! uh uh.

Charlene
07-20-2006, 09:53 AM
LOL that happened to me once or twice in my younger days! I'm really pale so it happened even when I went in for less than 10 minutes. I finally consigned myself to the paleness :P

Hope you can sit comfortably soon!

Julie Johnson
07-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Ouch!

Can't do tanning beds or even regular sun most of the time, I am very fair skinned and always burn! But I am sure that if I could to them I would have burned myself MANY times LOL!

Hope you feel better soon :)

AKSheridan
07-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Oh ouchie. I used to tan alot in college, and yeah, I've gotten the bum and boob burn baaad. No fun. :cry:

kellyshults
07-20-2006, 10:37 AM
yikess... that's gotta hurt... ecspecially if you are sitting down to scrap! :)

Michelle Underwood
07-20-2006, 10:40 AM
I try not to tan...my Mom survived melanoma, and her brother died from it....but I did go tanning for a few weeks this year. (I KNOW, I KNOW) It was so silly of me. Then one day I went in to tan and they had a big sign up that said "If you have a family history of melanoma, DO NOT USE THE TANNING BEDS". I turned around and went home.

I hate being so pale, I feel great when I have a tan, but I don't want to risk my life for it. The fake tans always leave me looking weird...really weird. I don't know, it is like my skin has a reaction...and it turns this weird yellow tone! lol! It's crazy!

I don't knock anyone who tans, though. Sorry for the rant..

Sorry about the burn. BURNS SUCK! Esp. when the boobies get burned...and the booty. Booty burn is bad too! lol

mmy2vce
07-20-2006, 12:35 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm using this not for the shock but for the eyeballs...that is what my eyeballs would be doing if my bum got burned, LOL! :D

Lauren Grier
07-20-2006, 12:44 PM
hahaha you poor thing. Time to whip out the aloe! I've never been to a tanning salon .. I was naive enough to think that you couldn't burn in those things :lol:

mountaineer
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Oooouuuucccchhh!!! :oops: <---- we need one of those red smileys for the 'other' set of cheeks! :shock:

I did the tanning bed one year getting ready for a trip. But I'm soooo white that I knew my tender parts would freak out, so I always wore my underwear in the bed. Weird, but worth it.

ditzyscrap
07-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Ouch!! I used to use tanning beds, back when I was single...but I'm so pale, that I had to start at 5 minutes, then 6, then 7 until I made it up to 11 minutes. Then when I got to 11 minutes, they changed the bulbs in the beds, and I burned SOOOO bad on my chest.

It was funny, because I'd go tanning on my lunch break (the tanning salon was just around the corner from where I worked...at a bagel shop). The day I burned I was so itchy and sore, and it was just awful trying to work for the afternoon and next couple days. LOL!

Anyway...I sooo feel for ya! Hope it feels better soon!