PDA

View Full Version : Addicted and going on vacation next week. Withdrawls?

Stacey1972
07-20-2006, 06:33 AM
I JUST started this new addiction. I'd been paper scrapping for years but with kids that is impossible anymore. I've been doing this for less than two week and have done a handful of layouts and I absolutely LOVE it.

We leave on vacation to Southern California on Friday and I'm going to have withdrawls I think! I already miss it, and we're not even gone yet.

Someone said "its like crack". Haha.

Anyways, will miss this board, and creating for a whole week.

Everyone has been so helpful and nice thusfar.

:)

Scrappylove
07-20-2006, 06:36 AM
I just got back from vac and YES- I went through withdrawal :lol:
It's just so wonderful!
Enjoy your vacation

mlewis
07-20-2006, 06:37 AM
I leave tomorrow and will be gone a week without computer access. I know it'll drive me crazy!!

crazymomof7
07-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Yes...we are leaving soon too! I always miss it! But you know what.....take a notebook and write down all the ideas for the new photos you will take...it will be kind of like scrapping! My dh thinks I am crazy for missing it too! So I try not to think about it and enjoy the moments that make the memories! Have a blessed time!

Tali
07-20-2006, 07:14 AM
I totally understand. It happens to me everytime I'm on vacation. Just think of it this way, by the time you get back you will be bursting with creativity...write down any ideas while you are gone. Have a great trip!

justkc
07-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Too funny! I recently told DH that when we drive down to southern California later this year I am getting a power adapter and scrapping on my laptop the whole drive! :lol:

Stacey1972
07-20-2006, 07:26 AM
KC, if I had a laptop, that is what I would do. Its a LONG drive, so why not. I neeeeeeeeed a laptop! :)

mlpieters
07-20-2006, 07:27 AM
can so relate. i can't wait for the day when you can get on the internet while in the car. dude. i'm so there.

btw, the notebook was a great idea!

laulley
07-20-2006, 08:33 AM
But think of all of the new photos you'll have when you get back!

Have fun!

Lucy
07-20-2006, 08:35 AM
can so relate. i can't wait for the day when you can get on the internet while in the car. dude. i'm so there.

internet in the car will probably be next, LOL.....no doubt!!

we go on vacation in a week, and I am already having withdrawls!! :roll:

Rhoda Jayne
07-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I leave next week too & I'm debating whether to take my laptop or not. I'm thinking that it wouldn't be such a good thing leaving it in the car especially with the heat index.
I couldn't lug it around all the timel I'll be without access for almost a week if I don't take it plus my new Memory Mixer should be here soon. I ordered it last night & supposedly it's been shipped already. 8)
Rhoda

Hom74
07-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Guess I'm not the only one w/an upcoming vacation. Hope we all survive lol :shock: I'm more worried about filling up my memory card on my camera even though I'll have 3 cards! :shock:

Rhoda Jayne
07-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Guess I'm not the only one w/an upcoming vacation. Hope we all survive lol :shock: I'm more worried about filling up my memory card on my camera even though I'll have 3 cards! :shock:

Yikes! I didn't even think about that!

lovesher2boys (Julie)
07-20-2006, 11:20 AM
We leave on vacation to Southern California on Friday and I'm going to have withdrawls I think! I already miss it, and we're not even gone yet.

Someone said "its like crack". Haha.

Anyways, will miss this board, and creating for a whole week.

Everyone has been so helpful and nice thusfar.

:)

There are quite a few of us in Southern Cali! I'm just saying! :wink:

GinaMiller
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Yup- it's tough! I am going away tomorrow for 4 days. I will probably bring my laptop for e-mails and work-related stuff but as far as scrapping goes, I already miss it and I didn't even leave yet.

Just think of the wonderful photo ops you are going to bring home though. PLENTY of new scrap material for when you get back. ;)

mmarti67
07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I leave in two weeks for a one week vacation and I can't believe all the "digi stuff" I want to take with me!! :shock:

Here's my list: laptop, wacom tablet, SLR camera (for the NICE pictures), regular sony digital camera (for carrying around), CD's to transfer my pictures onto. I'm also thinking about buying one of those "thumb" EHD's for the trip!! I'm going to need a suitcase just for all my "digi stuff"--of course DH doesn't know this yet. :D

Yes, it's going to be a relaxing vacation down in Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco). DH, myself, and my scrappin'. :wink:

Vanessa
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM

Already do that :D hubby work laptop with an aircard love love love it lol!!

mamakimberly
07-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I scrapped the whole way to/from mississippi, indiana, missouri last month! It was pretty sweet! :)

Sandra Boddington
07-21-2006, 03:33 AM
I so wish for a laptop, I really suffer from withdrawn when I go away. I tend to put off going away for that reason. LOL

lindse
07-21-2006, 03:43 AM
I always take my laptop with me when we go on small vacations like this weekend where we are going to my parents summer cottage..or else I will get withdrawals!
It starts with me dreaming of it, and soon I get an itch in my digits!

And as a total luxury my father has installed broadband wireless internet at the cottage..just for me and my needs :)
(yep, a little spoiled, but what the h.. I love it!)