PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that send out monthly newsletters.......

Andrea C.
04-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Can you tell me how you do it? What program do you use? I'm looking to send one that's a few pages long each month, don't want it to cost a small fortune either :lol I would love to use In Design but just can't afford it right now and so I'm looking for some other ideas to use in the meantime. This would be a newsletter with images and links in it and I would like it to look "pretty" and professional. Anyone? Someone? :wub Also, it will be going out through a Google group if that's any help for you :)

Andrea C.
04-14-2007, 02:07 PM
*bump* :D

Andrea C.
04-15-2007, 06:28 AM
One last bump............no one has any ideas? :(

Scraptures ~ Mona Minnie
04-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Hi Andrea,

I used Constant Contact for a number of years and just recently had to cancel it. I was always happy with the service they offered. There are templates to choose from which makes it nice. I've recently started using the newsletter feature in Zen Cart which is free.

Good Luck!

Mona

Rikki
04-15-2007, 07:01 AM
I have Serif Page Plus 10 and am very happy with it.

Kim Higueria
04-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Right now I have a yahoo group set up for my newsletter. I like it because I dont have to worry about adding people to an e-mail list or removing them if they'd like to unsubscribe. I have it set so I'm the only one who can post messages and the members can't post replies to my messages either so the only e-mail that gets sent through is the newsletter once a month. It seems to work great so far!

diannerigdon
04-15-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't think you are going to find a newsletter program per se that will work within a google or yahoo group. If you are committed to using the google group, I am guessing that you will be limited to their regular email.

Katie Scrapbook Lady
04-15-2007, 07:38 AM
I have used my yahoo group for at least 4 years and I just haven't found an easier (or cheaper) way to do it yet. You can still format a newsletter in a pdf format and send out the link via your yahoo group.

I know many designers use the zen cart newsletter that comes with the software they use for their site.

Andrea C.
04-15-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm not commited to using the Google Group exactly. I have my own website and can set it up through that, I'm just wondering about how to set it up :) Is it easiest to do it all through html or is there a program out there that's not as expensive as In Design that I could get to do it? :blush Can you tell yet that I'm sitting here clueless? :blush

Andrea C.
04-15-2007, 07:55 AM
You can still format a newsletter in a pdf format and send out the link via your yahoo group.

Here comes a dumb question but how do you format it in pdf format?