PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the Day 7/5: Birgit Kerr

December Roses
07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Woohoo! Our Queen of the Day today is Birgit Kerr.

Please check out her store and gallery and leave her some love!

Store link: http://store.digitalscrapbookartisanguild.com/searchresults.jsp?searchTerm=birgit+kerr

Gallery: http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=3366

Birgit, here are some questions for you to answer to help us learn more about you!

1. Aside from scrapbooking, what creative outlets do you have?
2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
3. What is your least favorite household chore?
4. Share your "designer story". How did you get started?
5. Who is YOUR favorite designer right now?

Please, post any questions you have for Birgit and let's get to know her better!

LindaBelle
07-05-2007, 12:09 AM
WoooHooo.....I'm so happy for you Birgit!!!
And I get to be the first to say congratulations my sweet friend!!!

You are sooooo talented - I LOVE everything that you create!!!!

inskidahv
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
yaaayyy!
Congrats Birgit!!!

umajo
07-05-2007, 01:09 AM
way to go Brigid wear that crown !!!

sandersmr
07-05-2007, 04:06 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Birgit! She is one of my favorite designers and so deserving of this honor!!!

DragonFly
07-05-2007, 04:13 AM
Congrats Birgit!!!

kryss
07-05-2007, 05:11 AM
WOOHOOO Birgit!!!! You go girl!!! We're so proud of you!!!

showme
07-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Doing the H-A-P-P-Y D-A-N-C-E ! Birgit, congratulations, and you deserve it! Don't loose any jewels out of your crown! So very proud of you!

Stacey Jewell Stahl
07-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Tell us what software you use and any training you have in graphic design. GIRL, YOU ROCK!!

MommySpice
07-05-2007, 05:52 AM
Woohoo Birgit!!!!!!!!! :)

happyraspberry
07-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Congrats!!! :yahoo

Nimue
07-05-2007, 06:21 AM
:clap Whooooooooooooooooooo Congrats Brigit :clap

berrygirl
07-05-2007, 06:31 AM
congrats I just lookef at your stuff, awesome!

txmusicmom
07-05-2007, 06:55 AM
BIRGIT is one of my top fav designers!!! Everything she does ROCKS!!! The care and detail she puts into her kits is FANTISIMO!!!! :clap:clap:clap

NOt only that -- she is a great mom to TWINS.........yes TWINS!!!

Congratulations BIRGIT!!! It's YOUR DAY! :yahoo:yahoo:yahoo

:happyhug:highfive

:cheer:cheer

EdelineMarta
07-05-2007, 07:41 AM
congrats girl... love ur stuff

Birgit Kerr
07-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Awwww thanks everyone!!! I feel so honored :D:D:D
1. Aside from scrapbooking, what creative outlets do you have? Uhhmmm, honestly there's no time for anything else. I used to be very crafty before finding digital scrapbooking, but I really only get to do the Martha Stewart thing around holidays or special occaisions now. But that's what I love about digi scrapping ... it really does cover all my creative outlet needs at the moment and that is such a satisfactory feeling!!
2. What is your favorite thing to wear? Ohhh since being a mommy to twins I got way too used to baggy pants and t-shirts. They are so suitable for spit up and now sticky fingers, accomodate the baby fat (mine *sigh*) and are so nice and comfy sitting at the computer.
3. What is your least favorite household chore? The floors. *ugghhh* We have white/cream tile throughout the house ... EVERYTHING shows and with two twenty month olds ... that's a whole lot ...... So it feels like this neverending story of cleaning the floor ... over and over ...... and over ...... lol
4. Share your "designer story". How did you get started? I first heard about digi scrapping about a year ago. I had PSP 8 and sort of knew the very basics from photo cropping. I wanted to do a baby book for the twin's first year and had seen some people do digital pages on the twin board I frequented at the time. So I did a search and started the freebie download craze. I joined a site where I stayed almost exclusively for 6 month and somehow the LO design took off for me. I was playing around with designing kits at the time too, but more for challenges than anything else. In Dec 2006 a dear friend of mine from that site asked me if I would be part of the creative team of the new site she is starting and I was delighted.
Her vision for a new site was quite enticing, especially the notion of creating a scrapping community that would further the learning and growing of everyone as a layout artist ... beginner AND advanced alike.

Long story short, after a short stint on the CT I started designing kits again - really just for me/ fun, but once Debb saw them she asked me to join the design team ... much to my delight and surprise really. And then designing took on a life of it's own. Nobody was more surprised than me to find that this was really fun, fullfilling a need in me and best of all .... allow me to stay at home with the kids while doing what I love and getting paid for it!! I still feel beyond lucky !! All this was only a short 5 month ago, so I still feel like a brand new designer!!
5. Who is YOUR favorite designer right now?
Ohhh that is hard to choose! I'm not sure I can narrow it down to one! I am lucky enough to be on a design team with so many super talented designers ....
If I had to narrow it down I would have to say the guild design team and Fhung Lie!

Side by Side
07-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Congratulations Birgit!
Enjoy your time in the spotlight! :)

Karen Bowers
07-05-2007, 08:16 AM
hurrah!!!

Birgit Kerr
07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Tell us what software you use and any training you have in graphic design. GIRL, YOU ROCK!!
I have just upgraded to PSP XI which has been nothing but trouble (very quirky), but I am very much a PSP designer. I do also use PS CS2 though but I'm still learning there.
I don't have any training in graphic design. I am pretty much self taught (PSP for sure), barring some tutorials (mainly CS2). I usually learn by trial and error and sheer stubborness :lol

Dee Bee Designs
07-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh my friend, I could not be more thirlled for you!! It is a priviledge and an honor to work with you but more than that it is such an amazing blessing to be your friend!

You inspire me with your creative talent and energy and your incredible professionalism and I also admire you for never lossing sight of the importance of being a good and loving mom and wife.

You are just the best honey!! Huge hugs are coming your way!!!

ArtcTrish
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Congrast Brigit!!!!!

thyme4me
07-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Congratulations Birgit. This is great news. Enjoy your crown for the day!

amyeileen
07-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Way to go Birgit!!! You are a super talented and amazing woman! Wear your crown with pride! :)

ljcrochet
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Congrats!

What is your favorite kit that you made?
What is your least favorite element?

Birgit Kerr
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Congrats!

What is your favorite kit that you made?
What is your least favorite element?

Ohhh man, choosing my own fav kit is like choosing between my children :lol And really my fav is always the one I have just finished, but of the released ones .... if I really had to choose one it would probably have to be "Lingering Joys" at the moment!

http://www.digishoptalk.com/products/data/518/thumbs/folder30.jpg (http://www.digishoptalk.com/products/showphoto.php?photo=2809&cat=518) http://www.digishoptalk.com/products/data/508/thumbs/Paper_Preview.jpg (http://www.digishoptalk.com/products/showphoto.php?photo=2807)
Click on the images to take a closer look in the DST product gallery.

And my least favorite element .... do you mean to make or to get in a kit? ;)

My least fav element to make would probably have to be safety pins (the realistic looking kind) and my least fav element to get are ribbons that are just cut out of the papers with nothing else done to them.

fulloflife
07-05-2007, 12:42 PM
wohooo congrats birgit!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy this wonderful day!!!

StephMPow
07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
BIRGIT

MY Fav Birgit Product are her tear templates AND her glitter.

Congrats, you deserve this!

ACE's Wild
07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Congrats! Enjoy your day!

tiffanyjewel
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
WHOO HOOO Congrats!!!

Frachioni
07-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Birgit, you ROCK, Girl! I'm SO proud of you for getting this well-deserved recognition - YIPPEE!! I know how detail-oriented you are, and it shows in the products you create. I think I have used almost EVERYthing you've created!

yhalos
07-05-2007, 07:10 PM
:spin :spin :clap :clap

YAY !!!!!!! Oh Birgit, I am so glad you are Queen for the day....you soooo
deserve it . Your designs rock..WTG.:yahoo :yahoo

Christine Haskell
07-05-2007, 08:33 PM
yeah brigit!

she is not only super talented, but so kind and creative too!!! such a sweetie!

brigit - what would you rather scrap or design???? hee hee tough, i know!

ztampfhung
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Woohooo... congrats, Birgit!!! Enjoy being the Queen :).

girliealonzo
07-05-2007, 10:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! yipeee!!! way to go!!!

sandilyn
07-06-2007, 02:55 AM
Congratulations, Birgit! :yahoo I LOVE your designs, you are soooo talented!:)

Carinspixels
07-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Congrats Birgit, no questions here but I have to tell you I love your sparkles!!!!

Kate Teague
07-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Congrats! I loved your Just hanging' papers and elements! Those are FUN!