PDA

View Full Version : Help on getting photos from Kodak Easy Share program...

suvel
06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I have a big mouth. Trying to turn on a friend to digi scrapping (she has not done any scrapping at all as she was afraid of the mess). I pointed her to Jen S's blog which should answer all questions, right? And if she can't, I probably could. So the first question she asks me is:

My current digital camera is just a Kodak Easy share ( dropped the Sony ~sigh~) and it wants to hold it's photos in it's own program bounds but they are hard to get to for use in DSing.. all suggestions welcomed.

And I have no idea what she is talking about!? Anyone?

Julie
06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Not a clue what she means about holding them in its own program bounds!

I use Kodak Easy Share software all the time. My pictures actually all download into a folder in My Documents, My Pictures. Tell her to look around her computer, she should find a folder somewhere that has all her pictures in. I just use mine right from that folder. Kodak saves them all as jpgs so she shouldn't have any problems. HTH!

javamama
06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes, I have run into that problem before. My DD has a Kodak. The Easy Share software automatically brings the photos into Easy Share. Unfortunately, that makes it hard to get them into another program.

You can bypass this by changing the default settings. I believe that Kodak makes Easy Share the default software automatically so what she needs to do is find a way to change that setting. As I recall , we had to go into options somewhere in Easy Share and uncheck some box that said something like "always import to Easy Share" or "make Easy Share your default photo software" or something like that.

Actually what I did was un-install the program and that worked fine! :lol:

Sorry I don't remember the details but hope this helps!

suvel
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks Julie and Susan! I sent her your replies. I'm trying to get her to join this board :)

maddiemom
06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks Julie and Susan! I sent her your replies. I'm trying to get her to join this board :)

:shock: Ok.... here I am :)...... teach me oh great one! <G>

Maddie, a total fish out of water!

suvel
06-27-2006, 05:22 PM
WOOOHOOOOO, Maddie's here!!!

maddiemom
06-27-2006, 06:23 PM
WOOOHOOOOO, Maddie's here!!!

Oh BLUSH! :oops:

I feel like SUCH a rookie at this. Very humbling after being at the top of my previous game. ~sigh~.. But that is ok since I just want this to be hobby as opposed to the previous turning into a job. I shall post an intro post-haste... which forum is best for that? Chatter?

Thanks for the warm welcome

Maddie

Mnchknbrat1982
06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I've run into this problem before and what you need to do is go to:

1. kodak easyshare...........open
2. tools..........click preferences
3. click the transfer tab
4. towards the bottom of the page you should see something that says
" select location on hard disk where you want transferred pictures copied
5. This is where you select the location to which they will be stored at.

Laurabelle
06-28-2006, 07:02 AM
i also use easyshare. Mine go to My Documents- My Pictures- Kodak Pictures- then date folders. I just open up the picture from PSE and copy and past it into my document that i want it in.