Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > Scrap Resources > Digital Site & Designer Announcements

Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 AM

profile gallery send pm

Charity April is Autism Awareness Month.... FREE Gorgeous Mega-Kit to all contributors!!

The Digital Scrapbooking Community has come together to help raise money for McKayla and all that suffer from Autism. The collaboration was a result of 39 designers each contributing to create this gorgeous and custom digital scrapbooking kit! The kit includes over 300 pieces of backgrounds, elements, ribbons, bows, flowers and more! Included is also some beautiful word art & poetry about autism. It has been a joy to organize this work & it is my prayer that through this project we can help to raise some money but also help document journeys & preserve memories.

Thanks to all the designers that so generously contributed of their time & talents! This beautiful kit is a free gift to anyone that contributes at http://www.walknowforautism.org/tenn...ckayla_digikit. Your donation money goes directly to Autism Speaks TM and NOT to me, any designer or digital scrapbooking store. Once your contribution is complete, simply forward a copy of your receipt to Tammy Albright at harley96chic@gmail.com and she will send you the links to download this gorgeous collection! Detailed previews can also be seen here: http://thescraphabit.com/autismawareness.htm

Blessings, ~ Alma Townsend, TheScrapHabit.com

Help us spread the word by wearing our blinkie or using this
banner!

Use this address to link directly to the "Scrap Now For Autism" donation page: http://www.walknowforautism.org/tenn...ckayla_digikit

Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Design Member

profile gallery send pm

that's beautiful!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 03-31-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 AM

profile gallery send pm

This is great Alma!! What a great cause.

Creative for:
Fizzy Pop Designs and FruitLoop Sally
Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 AM

profile gallery send pm

what a great cause and an amazing kit
Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 AM

profile gallery send pm

What a wonderful kit, for a wonderful cause! Great job to everyone who contributed!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM

profile gallery send pm

that's so cool! awesome for everyone to support autism awareness - we grow through knowledge! you all are angels!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:04 PM

profile gallery send pm

thanks for all the work Alma, it was fun to make such a bright colored kit with so many designers.

I just love how it turned out, it looks great.

Publiced: 15 times
My blog: http://www.ikscrap.nl
Old 03-31-2008, 05:27 PM

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to post this because I've received a few emails asking about the contribution amount....

It was important for me to NOT have money given to me or my store, but rather go directly to the Autism Speaks organization. This is because of past fradulent digital community "charity" works. I wanted to be sure that there was NO room for doubts or questions... your money is going directly to the cause! The Autism Speaks site which we are using, has a minimum contribution amount. The minimum of $20 was NOT set by me! Hopefully because it's for a good cause and it safeguards the donations.... most will understand. You are not purchasing the kit, you are supporting a great cause!

Thanks
Alma
Old 03-31-2008, 06:02 PM

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via Yahoo to RandiOh

The previews look wonderful and I hope that it makes a good profit for Autism. I was happy to make some papers and elements to include. Thank you, Alma for putting it all together and making it happen
Old 03-31-2008, 06:44 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma View Post
The Digital Scrapbooking Community has come together to help raise money for McKayla and all that suffer from Autism. The collaboration was a result of 39 designers each contributing to create this gorgeous and custom digital scrapbooking kit! The kit includes over 300 pieces of backgrounds, elements, ribbons, bows, flowers and more! Included is also some beautiful word art & poetry about autism. It has been a joy to organize this work & it is my prayer that through this project we can help to raise some money but also help document journeys & preserve memories.

Thanks to all the designers that so generously contributed of their time & talents! This beautiful kit is a free gift to anyone that contributes at http://www.walknowforautism.org/tenn...ckayla_digikit. Your donation money goes directly to Autism Speaks TM and NOT to me, any designer or digital scrapbooking store. Once your contribution is complete, simply forward a copy of your receipt to Tammy Albright at harley96chic@gmail.com and she will send you the links to download this gorgeous collection! Detailed previews can also be seen here: http://thescraphabit.com/autismawareness.htm

Blessings, ~ Alma Townsend, TheScrapHabit.com

Help us spread the word by wearing our blinkie or using this
banner!

Use this address to link directly to the "Scrap Now For Autism" donation page: http://www.walknowforautism.org/tenn...ckayla_digikit

Hi everyone......Tammy Albright here. I wanted to tell you alittle bit about my story with Autism.

I have a grandbaby named Mckayla which I have done digital layouts of her since she was born. On November 9th, 2007 we were told after several test that she was Autisic. That day my heart broke into. I knew nothing about Autism and didn't want to believe that someone who had been developing like any other normal child. Then after she was 18 months she was having signs....but we had no clue. When we think back now we can remember little things she was doing that now all makes sense. But when she started to talk.......that's when we knew something was wrong, cuz she was talking with a robot like voice. We thought it might be her hearing ....those test came back fine. After that we were told my a friend " I don't know how to tell you this, but I think you might want to have her tested for Autism." We were in shock. But because she was having meltdowns and couldn't communicate with us.....we took her to the doctors and you know the results. My Daughter had a rough time trying to get help for Mckayla. Everyone that she talked to told her that there is a waiting list for Autisic children because the they didn't have the funds to give them the help that they need. That didn't go over too good with us. So my daughter starting writing to everyone she could think of and one day she told me ."Mom I wrote to the congress of our state, so if I call and tell you that I am in jail, you know why. Thank goodness that didn't happen, but he did write back to and told her that there is a "Bill" that is going up the chain to help with funds with Autism. To make a long story short. It was about two weeks later, she had professional clients who work with Autism Children calling her to set up appointments. Mckayla is now in theraphy classes which are at my daughters' home, and she is progressing more and more each day.. There is a bright light at the dark and long tunnel. We have prayed for all autism children and have been doing everything we can to help let others know a little about it. Now when I see a child having a fit (meltdown?) out in public.......I look at that child with a different aspect.

This year they are having a walk-a-thon in many states to help raise money. You can see it here. Since April is Autism Awareness month. I thought what a better way to help spread the word. I asked a few Designers that I work with to help me out with a charity event and Alma Townsend jumped right in to help out. She has been an angel sent to me. After she got a link posted to DST, there were 39 designers from different sites around the digital scrapbooking world that volunteered their time to help make a collaboration kit that would be given to those that donated to the Autism Awareness program. ( Since the Autism Awareness says there is a minimum of $20.00. What better gift to give back to those who donate. Of course you not paying for the kit.....you are helping a child to be able to live a normal life. There is no cure for Autism, but there is hope for each child to get the thearphy they need.

I want to personally thank each designer that made this come possible for me to spread the word.
I also want to thank in advance for those who go to the site and contribute to such a heart touching cause.

Bless you and your family,
Tammy Albright

Advertise for