Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > Scrap Resources > Tutorials and Technical (formerly Software Specifics)

Old 07-01-2006, 09:24 AM

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via Yahoo to PaulaM
Default PSP vs. Photoshop

Right now, I use PSP X for digi scrapping. But, I know most of the gals at the Digi Chick use PS. I am seriously thinking about buying it but I would like to know ya'lls thoughts on this. What can I do with PS that I can't with PSP? Are there good tutorials out there for me if I decide to take the plunge and get PS?

Please, any advice/thoughts/suggestions ANYTHING you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-01-2006, 09:58 AM

profile gallery send pm

i'm a corel lover...bet you can do more psp x then ps elements...
if your thinking f upgrading to ps cs2 chk this out coreldraw graphic suite x3...does what cs2 and ill do for a fraction of price

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047025934319
Old 07-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via MSN to abbysmommy

Maybe I'm just a fan of my PSP, but I installed PSCS2 the other day and I don't like it. Perhaps I just need to get used to it. The ONLY two things I liked about it, which I wish PSP would incorporate, is the option for HUGE brush sizes and more text functions. Aside from those two things, I think (my $0.02 here) you should stick with PSP.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

I thought I didn't like PSCS when I first switched from PSP but now I wouldn't change back for anything. There really is a reason that most professionals use PSCS as opposed to PSP. Once you learn it, PS is way more powerful. BUT.. I say that from a designer's point of view. There are SOOOOOO many more tutorials and such for PS than PSP that if you CAN afford it I would switch. Hmm I don't know how much help I am - I seem to just be rambling!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:35 AM

profile gallery send pm

I like my PSPX and I can use photoshop sutff in it.. not all but quite a bit, brushes etc. My $ are on psp.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via Yahoo to MandaBean

I've been a PSP7 user for as long as I can remember, and I love it..but I also love everything about PS now that I have given myself enough time to learn the ins and outs. PS can be very intimidating, but if you play with it and have some patience..the results pay off.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via AIM to LoLo Send a message via Yahoo to LoLo

My thoughts: I started with PAINT lol then I went to MicroGrafx Draw I think or Graphics Suite and eventually did the PSP free trial then I ended up wanting more I'm a gotta have it kinda girl hehe I have been using PS since 6.0 (moons ago) and I think it's safe to say that I still don't know how to use every single thing in PS I now have CS2 by the way. It's a great program the possibilities are totally ENDLESS! It still amazes me sometime's. It is very useful if you want to design more. I would say if you are just scrapping or making LO's for your own personal use I would pass because to really make use of everything you would need to get pretty involved, so if you are planning on making a living from it then its probably a great investment.

LoLo's Design's Coming Soon - My Gallery
I made this -->

Old 07-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

I started out with PSP9. I'm now a total PS user. I had 7 now I have CS2. I changed because of the brush size limitations as well as not being able to use actions.

I DO miss the digital photo softener in 9, but I don't miss how slow it was. Even though I really upped my page file and increased my RAM, I had to scrap 10x10 to get the program to run at the speed I wanted.

I think it's a great program for the price and I wouldn't buy PSE over PSP. But if you can afford PS, it's worth the time it takes to learn it!

HTH!

{My Store}

::Creating for::
Gina Miller * Hodge Podge Art
Old 07-01-2006, 09:35 PM

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via Yahoo to PaulaM

Thank you all for your advice!! I think I'll stick with PSP X for now. I know it very well and have downloaded a free trial of PSC2 and will see if I like it well enough to buy it.