Think about the memories
Passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small
That have made you who you are.

Another year is a happy gift,
So cut your cake, and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays,
I count blessings every day!"

By Joanna Fuchs Happy BirthdayHope your day is extra special.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:44 PM

profile gallery send pm

Happy Birthday, Wendy! 50 sounds big but you aren't old at the age of 50!!!!!
I have a page I made for a friend's grandchild.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:50 PM

profile gallery send pm

Happy Birthday, Wendy!Another Year

I’m wishing you another year
Of laughter, joy and fun,
Surprises, love and happiness,
And when your birthday’s done,

I hope you feel deep in your heart,
As your birthdays come and go,
How very much you mean to me,
More than you can know.

By Joanna Fuchs
Old 06-10-2008, 12:55 PM

profile gallery send pm

Happy birthday!!!
I have a special LO: a birthday post card made for my friend (she loves choccolate) :)

fan of

Old 06-10-2008, 01:04 PM

profile gallery send pm

woohooo Im feeling lucky today as today is my bday and I turned 30 today!!!!!! So heres something I made for my bday, not really a page, but just something I created while playing around with some CU items. A present for myself!

I like:

my blog: SweetAsMel my complete gallery

Last edited by mel_m78; 06-10-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add LO
Old 06-10-2008, 01:23 PM

profile gallery send pm

Happy Birthday!
I will try to do this in english.
My birthday is May 1st. In Sweden, this day is a holiday and a day on which the national flag should be flown..I lived in a little town when I was a child and the tradition there was that an orchestra went through the town early that days morning. I woke up in the morning and heard the music, I saw the flag and I believed that all this was for me. I dont know when I got the knowledge about the truth, but I remember the distress I felt and I cried a lot.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:01 PM

profile gallery send pm

A birthday memory...not of my birthday, but of my mother's 50th.

September 1999, and my mom was entering her 4th month of chemotherapy. She had been working as the school cook/daycare receptionist at the same private school for 10 years, and was barely making enough to make ends meet, KWIM?
As her birthday rolled around, several of the PTA members got together with some members of the office staff and planned a surprise birthday party for her. They really went all out, sending out notes with the students, decorating, etc.
Mind you, my mom didn't miss work, even while on chemo. She opened up the building at 6am every morning, and worked through the day. If she got tired, she'd go lay down for a few minutes in the teacher's lounge. The party planners somehow managed to keep everything a secret from her, and on the afternoon of her birthday, when she walked into the lunchroom after school, there were dozens for staff members, parents, and former parents as well. They had cake, punch, and all of the usual stuff, but instead of giving her gifts, they had collected money to help with her medical expenses. All in all, they'd collected about $1000. Considering the fact that parking at the hospital was $9/day, and she had to be up there approximately 5 days a week (if not more), it was a real blessing.
Mom was dumbstruck at the whole thing, and while I'm not the crying type, I'll admit I was a bit teary-eyed myself.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 PM

profile gallery send pm

Happy Birhtday to you!

A birthday story... - hmmm, don't have any particularly funny or sentimental story to tell. The only thing about my birthday is that I never had a chance (or wanted to, to be honest) to celebrate just my birthday. I am a twin and it is always "our" birthday, not mine. One day we noticed that we found it strange to stand there and congratulate each other on our very own birthday so we decided to stop that. It might sound weird actually, but for us this was the most natural and logical consequence and we are happier since then... LOL

There is one story though I could tell - the actual birth day of my oldest ds - will be four next month.
I did not feel very good for a few days but did not think much of it. It was about 2 weeks before my due date. The doctors said it might be the stomach and everything with the baby was perfect, so I still felt bad but did not worry much.
Sometimes it was better and I just wanted to stay pregnant forever - it did feel soo good.
Then, on 21. July I had not slept all night throwing up everything - I couldn't even keep a sip of water inside me. We went to my doctor and after some examination he told me that he called the hospital and that I should go there directly - my hubby could get my hospital bag later - and that they would give me something to start the delivery. We entered the hospital aisle at 10.00 a.m. and at 11.00 a.m. my little boy was born.
This was something I never expected. I had a c-section and did not even have a chance to see my little one until the next day. Not that I noticed, they got me so full of meds that I did not notice much. A nurse brought me a photo of Robin... - and even my hubby did not see me until the next day.
They told my mother that if I had arrived even an hour later, the both of us probably wouldn't have survived.
I had HELLP syndrome and my ds and I had to get meds for a few days, but thankfully everything turned out fine in the end and we are both healthy.
The next day when I first saw Robin - I can still remember that feeling. My hubby was already so confident handling him and I did not know what to do first... and I loved that little guy so much... still do and always will. He is a sweetheart.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
DST Gold Member

profile gallery send pm

Wow! How incredibly generous!

There's this picture, I have no idea where it is, of me on my birthday, sitting in front of my cake with a look of shock on my face. The candles on my cake were already blown out but I wasn't the one who blew them out! On my left side is my cousin, leaning over with her cheeks puffed out. I was too shocked to cry so my parents hastily lit the candles again before I started. Only problem? My cousin leans over again and blows them out before I can again! LOL!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:03 PM

profile gallery send pm

Happy Birthday, Wendy!!!! Hope that you have an awesome day!!!

I do not have a birthday story about myself but I will tell you about the surprise birthday party that I had for my DH last year when he turned 60. It is so hard to get anything over on him. His birthday is actually in Dec but I planned the party for Nov. I phoned everyone when he was not around. Made all the plans. Had a cake made with his photo on it of when he was a teen ager. I made photo cubes with photos of him from a baby to present with chocolates inside and I used it for the center piece as well as for favors for everyone to take home with them. I also made a slide show of his life set to music. All of this on the sly, not an easy feat. Anyway on the week-end of the party, the first surprise was that our son came home for the week-end which does not happen often as he lives far away. He knew that our daughter and her family were coming but not our son. He still did not suspect anything. On the Sat evening, our family went out for supper. When we came back, we stopped at his Mom's place where the party was and he looked around and said "It looks as though there is a party here". I said. " There is, Happy Birthday". Well he was speechless!!! We played the game Jeopardy with all of the answers being things about his life, everyone had a lot of fun!!! I think that it will be a birthday that he remembers for a long time.